Saturday, October 31, 2009

Had a DAMNED good time! *ULTRA Pic Heavy*

Flames on a black screen at the DAMNED show
  • So as most of you know I went to the DAMNED art show in Detroit this past week. 2 of my pieces were accepted so of course I wanted to attend, especially the first night (Thursday, October 29th) for the VIP part from 7-9 pm, before it was open for 9 dollars to the public. So I went that day and.....it was SOOOOO much fun. I met some really cool artists, cool people just checking out the art, and the show had everyone in good spirits. Good times!

  • Sadly, I did not attend the Masquerade Ball (night two, Devil's Night in Detroit also). Yes, I was pretty sad about it but due to personal reasons I just could not attend. But there's always next year. And if you're curious, no, I didn't sell either of my pieces but it's ok...it was just FUN to be a part of it and to be there in general.
  • ALL of these pics are up on FaceBook, as well as the entire night (about 95 pics). So you can always check 'em out there too. OK, here's my night...in a nutshell...a slightly big nutshell...



This is where you enter & exit DAMNED. For the first night, there was Absinthe tasting. And Mike and I had some...Mike telling me later he had TWO, woweeee! It tasted good but really didn't DO much (hallucinate, etc... and that would be crazy anyways!)...Mike said if anything it calmed him a tad...but he's always calm so IDK what he's thinking. ;)




This is looking out to the gallery below from the VIP area. VIP people are the artists, staff, and the people who pay the 25-50 dollars to be in VIP either night. Cool up there just to people watch and chill a bit.




One of the many Devil Girls. She's in VIP selling pastries but nope, not even FREE for VIP. What's up with that? Atleast downstairs they had free appeteziers and cake. YUM!!!




The first of the performance artists of the night. A girl belly dancing. Before long she brought out a snake. Yikes!





LOTS, well, a good amount of ALICE pieces, including this BIG photograph...which was above my piece below. Coincidence or not? Hm...makes me curious. ;)



It's me with my piece I intentionally made for DAMNED, Female Baggage. I think people liked it from the reactions I saw throughout the night. I actually had more conversations with guys about this piece compared to girls. Interesting...very interesting.....


They hung her just right, yay!!! And below is a torso hanging from the ceiling near my piece above.



Now for some of the cooler pieces of art, in my opinion....








The awesome metal wall. A girl I met (Mariandra X) did the piece above the girl in the red dress. It's the four apostles...called FOUR. I thought it was pretty awesome. Bruised Girl was on that sweet wall too...but you can't see it in this pic...that person in black to the right is covering it.




One of the two Marilyn Manson watercolors. Loved this one lots.



The second piece by Marilyn Manson. Also a watercolor piece.



Yes, that's Pee Wee Herman getting devoured by Chairy from PeeWee's Playhouse, haha...good stuff!




Another awesome Alice-inspired piece called Damned in Wonderland.
Next five pics are of a really awesome performance by a talented lady. I took about 25 pics of this. It was AMAZING. The music, her outfit, what she did...it was intense.














This lady's work was right in front of mine...see Bruised Girl by this lady's head? Yup, it's on the cool wall. She had some interesting pieces....some type of "vessels" that I really don't understand but that's ok, I don't understand lots of art!




YUP, it's me in front of my piece Bruised Girl. :)


More sweet DAMNED art...







One of the two Giger pieces. The other was a tiny sculpture. This is a print. Kinda disappointing honestly. Not that they weren't GOOD BUT because like I said only a sculpture (so tiny we had a hard time finding it!) and a print...not an original painting. But you can't get everything....and the Marilyn Manson pieces kinda kicked their @sses...but I would never tell Giger that. ;


When I say everyone & anyone was at this show, I mean it! Look, even the Hamburgular showed up. LOL.



My two sisters and my mom...supporting me...awwww. Glad they stopped by. They had fun and that made me happy!


Right before we were about to leave for the night. This was probably my favorite piece there. If I had the money, I would've purchased it. Also I'm unsure where this lady is from....gotta look into that more. But I believe her art can be found here...at fragilemuse.org Plus she had the best business cards there...quite amazing!


People watching...hm...yeah...Halloween outfits or not? Your guess is as good as mine!





Mike looking...pretending he's interested...ha ha. Oh and see above alllll the wayyyy in the back? UP there is the VIP area. So it's pretty high up.



I didn't wear my dress shoes...I chose my boots. Which I adore so much. They were comfy!!!


Well, I didn't get a laminate or anything but it's fine, there really was a lot of artists but what my wristbands mean is 1-red I'm VIP and 2-black I'm an artist. So BOTH means ARTIST. So that's the distinction...still it's hard to tell with so many people there and some people have long sleeves but us artists strangely found one another, which was pretty cool.
All in all, had a wonderful time and can't wait to be part of something like this again. Hope you enjoyed my pics and thank you all for supporting me all the way too. Much appreciated.~

14 Curious people had this to say...:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it's a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jesse

Eve Noir said...

Hi Jesse~

Thank you for the kind words. :) I would be happy to look into your blog. I have to say I haven't been commenting too much lately on the blogs I follow because I'm using a POS computer. But I WILL def check it out.

Glad you left a comment & stopped by. Take care~Eve

Demented Wench said...

I'm so happy you had a good time. :)

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Wench. I really did! ^_^

The Queen of Clearance said...

That must have been soooo exciting! It sounds like you had a pretty good time! I think its good that you didnt sell your art because I dont think you wanted to part with them anyways....am I right? Happy Halloween for another 24 minutes!

Eve Noir said...

It was great. Everyone was having fun. No, Queen, I really wouldn't have minded parted with 'em. I mean I would've put "NFS" (not for sale) on 'em if so. I feel happy when someone wants my art...that's why I like to give my art as gifts. But heck if someone is willing to buy it, that's FINE by me. LOL.

Take care & hope you had a nice Halloween too~EVE

Sullivan McPig said...

Great pictures and glad to hear you had a good time. I love the pic of you with Bruised Girl!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Sullivan. I like that pic too! :)

tracy said...

It looks like such a great time...getting to hang with all those cool people, soooo happy for you! Thanks so much for all the pictures, they were great. "The Four Apostles" particularly drew me in, for some strage, slightly morbid reason.
Thank you for sharing your wonder-ful evening with us!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Tracy! Yeah, I like FOUR too. I thought it stood out as well. I'll make sure to tell Mariandra you liked it, she'll be happy to hear that. It's ok...morbid isn't so bad! lol

Take care~Eve

tracy said...

Ye, "morbid" can equal quite cool. Yes, please tell the artist how much i liked it. Did it sell?

Eve Noir said...

Tracy- I told her what you said. :) She was happy. No hers did not sell either. :( And she had to ship it back to OH.

Anonymous said...

This is The Greatest Blog Ever!! xx!-M

Eve Noir said...

I am going to guess that's Mariandra. You're too funny. And thanks. :)