Tuesday, April 4, 2017
So the time has finally come upon me...I will have my first solo show this upcoming fall! It will be in my hometown of Roseville...and at the same gallery/studio I had my very first group show in 2000. Wow, time does change things a lot!! The picture above is me and two friends at Gonzo Studio in Roseville, back in the day at our first group show. I remember it fondly...we did all the work ourselves and we even made a few sales. I sold my very piece of art this night, it was exciting.
This upcoming show will be a lot of work I'm sure but I'm getting pumped to get going! I have a lot of ideas running through my head...it's best if I just write them down. We really need art in the suburbs.....I've been saying this for years, hopefully people will venture out to see what's happening. My biggest concern right now is picking a name for the show...and who knows maybe I won't think of one for a while. This is all unfamiliar territory to me...although I helped run this show (mind you it was 17 years ago) a lot of things have changed...although I've been active in the Detroit art community since 2009...hoping to get the word out!
Thank you to all my fellow Bloggers who've been with me since the beginning (pre-Facebook).
Identification: eve's art shows
Monday, November 7, 2016
Ask, ask, ASK
1 - Who was the last person you texted? Maria
2 - When is your birthday? March 2
3 - Who do you want to be with right now? my dog
4 - What sports do you play? none
5 - Who is the first person in your blogroll? sullivan!
6 - What is your favorite song at the moment?
7 - If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with? mom
8 - What do you feel right now? tired
9 - What chocolate is your favorite? dark chocolate
10 - How many boyfriends/girlfriends did you have? a few
11 - Why did you create a blog account? there was no myspace/facebook and i wanted to vent
12 - Who is your favorite blogger? Sullivan
13 - Where do you want to be right now? bed!
14 - What do you want to be in the future? artist!!!
15 - When was the last time you cried? Why? idk...maybe a movie
16 - Are you happy? i'm ok
17 - Who do you miss? maria!
18 - If you were given a chance, would you like to have a different life? no
19 - What was the best thing you were given? my mind
20 - Who was the last person who called you? kroger, they won't stop calling
21 - What is your favorite dish? baked manacotti
22 - Who is your best friend? mariandra!
23 - What is your biggest regret? oh hm............
24 - Have you ever avoided your partner? my ex partner yes
25 - Who do you spend crazy moments with? maria....mother....bibi
Monday, October 24, 2016
2. How many times do you stare at your bookshelves each day? hmm....maybe 15 minutes
3. How many Goodreads friends/books do you have? i don't have goodreads anymore
4. Do you ever quote books in public? hm...not very much
5. Do you ever re-read books? sometimes
6. Do you judge a book by its cover? yes
7. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them? usually
8. What are your biggest distractions from reading? my dog, social media, tv
9. Where is your favorite place to buy books? amazon
10. Do you always have a book with you? not always
11. Do you read during breakfast? sometimes
12. How many hours a day would you say you read? maybe an hour or two
13. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago? probably more
14. Do you consider yourself a speed reader? no
15. Do you read in bed? yes
16. How old were you when you got your first library card? young, maybe 12
Monday, October 17, 2016
27.) Do you speak any other languages? nope
28.) Do you use Twitter? no
29.) Do you go onto YouTube? yes
30.) Do you play Angry Birds? no
31.) Do you like Angry Birds? no
32.) Do you like Hello Kitty? yes
33.) Have you ever cried because you were so happy? yes
34.) Who would you like to see in concert? the xx
35.) Can you swim well? nope
36.) Ever won a contest? nope
37.) Ever won a giveaway? think so
38.) Do you get a full 8 hours of sleep every night? close
39.) What tea do you like? teavana
40.) What coffee do you like? tim hortons
41.) Do you shop at Walmart? sometimes
42.) Do you shop at Target? yes
43.) What do you order at Second Cup? idk what that is
45.) Do you like homemade meals? yes
46.) Do you like homemade baked goods? yes
47.) Do you shop online? yes
48.) Name 3 stores online stores you would like to shop at: amazon, lush, sephora
49.) What holiday don't you like? valentines day
50.) What do you eat more of when you're sick? everything!
Monday, October 10, 2016
Hey Blog friends! I didn't talk about this but I helped work on this Rose Mural in Roseville over the summer. You can read the article below. It is also found on the side of my Blog page too if you click on it, thanks!!
Monday, September 12, 2016
Hello fellow Blog readers. I am working on some new ideas with my artwork. I am using more water and less paint...and I am really liking the results. I am going to continue in this direction for a while...I just love experimenting!!
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Sunday Stealing: Shannon's Moments Meme, Part Two
24. What shirt are you wearing right now? an army green colored one with a black cardigan
25. What’s important about a bed to you? Like type of sheets, size or whatever. i'm not too picky...but size should be a full or queen....and anything but flannel sheets, too hot with those!
26. Can you sing? a little, but it's been a while
27. What is something about you that would surprise us? i don't know!
28. Have you been a pirate, Renaissance Fair, or other costumed event? If not, would you for the right event or say cause? yes ren fair
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? none
30. Favorite girl's name? ava
31. Favorite boy's name? shawn
32. What’s in your pocket or purse right now? wallet keys makeup
33. Last thing that made you laugh? hm
34. Best toy as a child? bikes!
35. Worst injury you have ever had? broken arm
36. Where would you love to live? paris
37. What type of TV do you have? Would you’d like an upgrade? flat screen....it's good
39. How many dogs do you have? one
40. Do most folks trust you? yes
41. What book are you reading? cities i've never been to
42. What’s your favorite classic TV show? addams family
43. What’s your favorite sports team? none
44. Favorite month and why? october...halloween!
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Sunday Stealing: Shannon's Moments Meme, Part One
1. Do you like blue cheese? No
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit? I've tried them, don't like them....I occasionally smoke cloves though.
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd amendment rights? No I do not...I really am unsure of my feelings about gun control.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water or liquor flavors? I don't really like flavored water.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why? Sometimes...just because!
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you haven’t shared before. I really love Ghost World, feel like I'm the main character Enid somtimes
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee or orange juice
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…) I don't think so
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why? a ring my mom got me for xmas, my birthstone
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it. i love painting and drawing
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it? no don't think so
13. What’s a thing you dislike or would change about yourself? i would lose weight (of course)
14. Middle name? Like it or not? Andrea, don't like it, never have
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week: i have to get up so early for an art fair this weekend!!! ugh.....i am loving the netflix show Stranger Things....love raw sugar in my tea!!!
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them. coffee, coke, orange juice
17. Current worry: i don't have one so that's good i think! lol
18. Current annoyance: people who don't listen to directions! ughhhh
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the beach”. umm the beach lol
20. How do you usually ring in the new year? If forced (how we’d do that without Judd coming to your house, if you even know who he was) to do something new, what would it be? ughh
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please. no pics!
22. Have you ever walked into a room with just shoes on? um no
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Cheer to all of us thieves!!
Sunday Stealing: The Gal's Meme, Part Two
Are you someone’s best friend? Tell us about your friendship. My closest friend lives in Ohio. We talk or text almost every single day. I met her at a dark art show here in Detroit about 7 years ago.
What are you doing tomorrow? I work from noon to 4:30
Any plans today? Do tell. not really...i'm working then maybe going to the store after
What makes you happy? working on ART, researching things (I love words, geeky I know!), being with my dog
What’s your favorite room where you live? well i only have one room (a bedroom and some other space in a basement)
Biggest annoyance in your life right now? running into my ex, ughhh
If you are jealous of anyone, tell us about it. I'm not really jealous of anyone.
What is the most serious relationship you’ve had? I was in a relationship for over 8 years...it was the most serious one I've ever been in.
What do you usually do during the work day? I help out staff, students, faculty in a community college library...I use the computer...
Tell us about someone that you really don’t care for. My ex's wife....yawn...she's pretty trashy.
Do you use the phrase “Have a good one” daily? Sometimes!
How old do you wish you’d be turning on your next birthday? Why? 25! Lol...no I don't wanna go through my 20's again.
Do you still like amusement parks? Tell us about your last trip to one. No I don't like 'em...last time I was there was many years ago.
Monday, August 8, 2016
Sunday Stealing: The Gal's Meme, Part One
Tell us about a person who made you smile today. Not a person a pet...my Bibi
What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Just getting to work
What is your favorite holiday? Why? Halloween!
Tell us about a visit to another country. I visited France when I was 18, a lot of fun!
What is the last thing you said aloud? Downstairs room 160
What was the last thing you had to drink? Coke
What are you wearing right now? Gray jeans, white and gray shirt, black cardigan
What was the last thing you ate? Chewy Sprees
When was the last time you ran? Last week in the rain....didn't get very far
What’s the last sporting event you watched? Maybe my nephews hockey games
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? New Orleans...everyone tells me I'd love it there
Who is the last person you sent a comment/message to on Facebook? Ed
Ever go camping? If yes, tell us about one time. Yes a few times...did not like it
Do you think a tan improves your looks? Not for me but other people sure
Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? hm...don't think so
What is your guilty pleasure? lipstick....addicted to it!
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Hello Blogger Friends, it's been a while. Not too too much ART stuff has been happening lately and I really haven't been in many shows over the past year. And it was something I didn't realize until recently. So I wanted to start doing a couple shows again so several months ago I decided to do a show called REJECTED. The theme was artwork that had been rejected from a previous art show. I got one piece in called "Stand," which was rejected from a tattoo show called INK. Rejected was a pretty good show. My art piece was a painting based off the drawings I do (like the one pictured above), so I was glad to show it.
I have been drawing quite a lot lately. It's 10 times easier to do than painting and it is far less messy of course. I've been drawing an image of a woman with a blindfold for quite a while now...maybe 5 years. She pretty much always has a blindfold as eyes (unless I give her a half mask)...but her body and hair are always changing. For example in the picture above she has hair that is long but that is actually a raven's face and beak (see it?). Also she has no arms...I didn't really feel the need for them in this drawing.
So just because I decided to do an art show next month called Corpus Illuminata. The theme is artwork that is anatomical, biological, or medically themed. The piece that they selected for this show is a drawing of mine in which a female figure is carrying a fetus. I have drawn this image before and almost chose to submit the original drawing of it...but I chose to work on a new updated version to see the result. And I liked the result so I am happy it got chosen for this show.
Also at the end of next month I will be doing an art fair with a friend of mine. It is called the Hazel Park Fine Art Fair. I did this show several years ago and I am pretty excited to be doing it again. I specifically made smaller art for this show (so I could charge less) so I am hoping the fair gets a good turnout. When I did it the first time the show was very slow...I am thinking it was that way because it was a fairly new art festival.
Hope your summer is going well friends! Talk to you soon again!
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Can you stay inside all day without getting bored? yes
Tell us about a TV show that we should watch. Born this Way. It is about a group of friends who have Down Syndrome. It shows their day to day lives and also what their hope and dreams are.
When was the last time you were at your home computer all day? hm...maybe a couple months ago
What websites other than your own do you visit daily? MSN, Digg...some other random ones
Do you have a favorite day of the week? Why? Friday...end of the work week
Did you ever watch Saturday morning cartoons? What was your favorite? Yes hmm...The Smurfs.
Were you a comic book fan? no
Did you earn an allowance when you were a kid? How much? Was it tied to chores? I don't remember doing a lot of chores but I know I used to get about 20 dollars a week.
What is the fanciest type of car you've ridden in? What occasion? A limo...a friend got it when we went to a Depeche Mode concert.
Whats your favorite sport to watch? none
Ever tried surfing? no
Have you ever been to a live major team sporting game? no
From a scale of 1 to 5 how athletic are you (1=nerd, 5=very athletic)? 0
What's your favorite horror movie? the shining
What is your favorite cult classic movie? the breakfast club
About how many times do you go to the movies a month? rarely
Favorite movie, which one came to your head first? buffalo 66
What if your life was like a movie? What type of movie would it be? it would be a documentary
Do you like long series movies, like "Lord of the Rings"? not really
Friday, April 15, 2016
Ask Ask Ask Meme
1 -If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with? Maria
2 - What do you feel right now? tired
3 - What chocolate is your favorite? many...twix, reeses buttercup
4 - Why did you create a blog account? at the time there was no myspace or facebook and i wanted an outlet to write and share my interests
5 - Who is your favorite blogger? SULLIVAN MCPIG...hoping he might read that
6 - When was the last time you cried? Why? i really don't know when or why
7 - Who is your best friend? Maria
8 - What kind of music do you listen to? rock mainly
9 - Do you have troubles sleeping at night? yes
10 - What do you prefer, jeans or shorts? never shorts!!!
11 - Did you try to change for a person? no
12 - Are you in a good or bad mood? eh ok
13 - Name someone you can’t live without MOM!
14 - Do you have a grudge against anyone? yea sorta
15 - Are you a crybaby? no
16 - When people praise you for your looks, what feature do they praise? my hair
17 - What hair color do you prefer? black
18 - If you can change anything about yourself, what is it? i would like to lose a lot of weight!
19 - Can you live without internet? it would be hard
20 - Have you ever experienced being hysterical? yes
21 - Did you have an accident last year? no
22 - What are you thinking right now? i'm thinking of someone i shouldn't be thinking of
23 - Have you been hurt so bad that you can’t find words to explain how you feel? yeah
24 - Do you have trust issues? a little
25 - Who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”? mom!
26 - Do you believe in the phrase “If it’s meant to be, it will be”? yes
27 - Do you believe in destiny? yes
28 - How do you look right now? ok...casual, jeans and a hooded shirt
29 - Did you ever feel like you’re not good enough? yes
30 - Favorite city? Paris!
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Survey 212 Meme
Is your birth year an odd or even number?: odd
Which one of your friends is the most outgoing?: maria and stina
Have you eaten any of your favorite foods today?: cereal and a bagel so yes
When did you last find yourself in an awkward situation?: a couple weeks ago at a friends party
When was the last time you ignored, or went against, someone’s advice?: hmm
What happened?: hm
How many different towns/cities have you lived in?: 3
When was the last time you had Nutella?: i still haven't tried it
Who is your favorite character in“The Big Bang Theory”?: don't watch it
What are your parents’ middle names?: wood and marie
Name someone with a sexy sounding voice.: benecio del toro
Are your eyes the same color as your sibling’s?: no
How many pets do you have? Would you like any more?: 2 yes one day
Is there a song you can’t stop listening to atm?: yes, Hunting For Witches
Is there a song that you’re fed up of hearing?: hm not really
Did you have a strange or interesting dream last night?: no but the other night i dreamt of the band the soft moon
Name 3 things that are in your refrigerator atm.: orange juice, milk, cheese
Which friend do you confide in most?: maria
What was your most recent reason for smiling? some cute video on facebook
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Five Things I have A Passion For:
art, animals, music, documentaries, socks!
Five Things I'd like to Learn Before I Die:
how to sculpt, bake a cake (yep, never has happened)
Five Things I say A Lot:
yep, are you serious?
Five Books and/or magazines I have Read Lately:
imperial bedrooms, death's summer coat, the good death, i'm very into you
Five Favorite Movies:
the fall, walk the line, dark knight, the woodmans
Five Places I would like to Travel To:
new orleans, london, california, iceland, new york