Monday, September 12, 2016
Hello fellow Blog readers. I am working on some new ideas with my artwork. I am using more water and less paint...and I am really liking the results. I am going to continue in this direction for a while...I just love experimenting!!
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Sunday Stealing: Shannon's Moments Meme, Part Two
24. What shirt are you wearing right now? an army green colored one with a black cardigan
25. What’s important about a bed to you? Like type of sheets, size or whatever. i'm not too picky...but size should be a full or queen....and anything but flannel sheets, too hot with those!
26. Can you sing? a little, but it's been a while
27. What is something about you that would surprise us? i don't know!
28. Have you been a pirate, Renaissance Fair, or other costumed event? If not, would you for the right event or say cause? yes ren fair
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? none
30. Favorite girl's name? ava
31. Favorite boy's name? shawn
32. What’s in your pocket or purse right now? wallet keys makeup
33. Last thing that made you laugh? hm
34. Best toy as a child? bikes!
35. Worst injury you have ever had? broken arm
36. Where would you love to live? paris
37. What type of TV do you have? Would you’d like an upgrade? flat screen....it's good
39. How many dogs do you have? one
40. Do most folks trust you? yes
41. What book are you reading? cities i've never been to
42. What’s your favorite classic TV show? addams family
43. What’s your favorite sports team? none
44. Favorite month and why? october...halloween!
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Sunday Stealing: Shannon's Moments Meme, Part One
1. Do you like blue cheese? No
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit? I've tried them, don't like them....I occasionally smoke cloves though.
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd amendment rights? No I do not...I really am unsure of my feelings about gun control.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water or liquor flavors? I don't really like flavored water.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why? Sometimes...just because!
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you haven’t shared before. I really love Ghost World, feel like I'm the main character Enid somtimes
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee or orange juice
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…) I don't think so
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why? a ring my mom got me for xmas, my birthstone
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it. i love painting and drawing
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it? no don't think so
13. What’s a thing you dislike or would change about yourself? i would lose weight (of course)
14. Middle name? Like it or not? Andrea, don't like it, never have
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week: i have to get up so early for an art fair this weekend!!! ugh.....i am loving the netflix show Stranger Things....love raw sugar in my tea!!!
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them. coffee, coke, orange juice
17. Current worry: i don't have one so that's good i think! lol
18. Current annoyance: people who don't listen to directions! ughhhh
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the beach”. umm the beach lol
20. How do you usually ring in the new year? If forced (how we’d do that without Judd coming to your house, if you even know who he was) to do something new, what would it be? ughh
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please. no pics!
22. Have you ever walked into a room with just shoes on? um no
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Cheer to all of us thieves!!
Sunday Stealing: The Gal's Meme, Part Two
Are you someone’s best friend? Tell us about your friendship. My closest friend lives in Ohio. We talk or text almost every single day. I met her at a dark art show here in Detroit about 7 years ago.
What are you doing tomorrow? I work from noon to 4:30
Any plans today? Do tell. not really...i'm working then maybe going to the store after
What makes you happy? working on ART, researching things (I love words, geeky I know!), being with my dog
What’s your favorite room where you live? well i only have one room (a bedroom and some other space in a basement)
Biggest annoyance in your life right now? running into my ex, ughhh
If you are jealous of anyone, tell us about it. I'm not really jealous of anyone.
What is the most serious relationship you’ve had? I was in a relationship for over 8 years...it was the most serious one I've ever been in.
What do you usually do during the work day? I help out staff, students, faculty in a community college library...I use the computer...
Tell us about someone that you really don’t care for. My ex's wife....yawn...she's pretty trashy.
Do you use the phrase “Have a good one” daily? Sometimes!
How old do you wish you’d be turning on your next birthday? Why? 25! Lol...no I don't wanna go through my 20's again.
Do you still like amusement parks? Tell us about your last trip to one. No I don't like 'em...last time I was there was many years ago.
Monday, August 8, 2016
Sunday Stealing: The Gal's Meme, Part One
Tell us about a person who made you smile today. Not a person a pet...my Bibi
What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Just getting to work
What is your favorite holiday? Why? Halloween!
Tell us about a visit to another country. I visited France when I was 18, a lot of fun!
What is the last thing you said aloud? Downstairs room 160
What was the last thing you had to drink? Coke
What are you wearing right now? Gray jeans, white and gray shirt, black cardigan
What was the last thing you ate? Chewy Sprees
When was the last time you ran? Last week in the rain....didn't get very far
What’s the last sporting event you watched? Maybe my nephews hockey games
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? New Orleans...everyone tells me I'd love it there
Who is the last person you sent a comment/message to on Facebook? Ed
Ever go camping? If yes, tell us about one time. Yes a few times...did not like it
Do you think a tan improves your looks? Not for me but other people sure
Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? hm...don't think so
What is your guilty pleasure? lipstick....addicted to it!
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Hello Blogger Friends, it's been a while. Not too too much ART stuff has been happening lately and I really haven't been in many shows over the past year. And it was something I didn't realize until recently. So I wanted to start doing a couple shows again so several months ago I decided to do a show called REJECTED. The theme was artwork that had been rejected from a previous art show. I got one piece in called "Stand," which was rejected from a tattoo show called INK. Rejected was a pretty good show. My art piece was a painting based off the drawings I do (like the one pictured above), so I was glad to show it.
I have been drawing quite a lot lately. It's 10 times easier to do than painting and it is far less messy of course. I've been drawing an image of a woman with a blindfold for quite a while now...maybe 5 years. She pretty much always has a blindfold as eyes (unless I give her a half mask)...but her body and hair are always changing. For example in the picture above she has hair that is long but that is actually a raven's face and beak (see it?). Also she has no arms...I didn't really feel the need for them in this drawing.
So just because I decided to do an art show next month called Corpus Illuminata. The theme is artwork that is anatomical, biological, or medically themed. The piece that they selected for this show is a drawing of mine in which a female figure is carrying a fetus. I have drawn this image before and almost chose to submit the original drawing of it...but I chose to work on a new updated version to see the result. And I liked the result so I am happy it got chosen for this show.
Also at the end of next month I will be doing an art fair with a friend of mine. It is called the Hazel Park Fine Art Fair. I did this show several years ago and I am pretty excited to be doing it again. I specifically made smaller art for this show (so I could charge less) so I am hoping the fair gets a good turnout. When I did it the first time the show was very slow...I am thinking it was that way because it was a fairly new art festival.
Hope your summer is going well friends! Talk to you soon again!
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Can you stay inside all day without getting bored? yes
Tell us about a TV show that we should watch. Born this Way. It is about a group of friends who have Down Syndrome. It shows their day to day lives and also what their hope and dreams are.
When was the last time you were at your home computer all day? hm...maybe a couple months ago
What websites other than your own do you visit daily? MSN, Digg...some other random ones
Do you have a favorite day of the week? Why? Friday...end of the work week
Did you ever watch Saturday morning cartoons? What was your favorite? Yes hmm...The Smurfs.
Were you a comic book fan? no
Did you earn an allowance when you were a kid? How much? Was it tied to chores? I don't remember doing a lot of chores but I know I used to get about 20 dollars a week.
What is the fanciest type of car you've ridden in? What occasion? A limo...a friend got it when we went to a Depeche Mode concert.
Whats your favorite sport to watch? none
Ever tried surfing? no
Have you ever been to a live major team sporting game? no
From a scale of 1 to 5 how athletic are you (1=nerd, 5=very athletic)? 0
What's your favorite horror movie? the shining
What is your favorite cult classic movie? the breakfast club
About how many times do you go to the movies a month? rarely
Favorite movie, which one came to your head first? buffalo 66
What if your life was like a movie? What type of movie would it be? it would be a documentary
Do you like long series movies, like "Lord of the Rings"? not really
Friday, April 15, 2016
Ask Ask Ask Meme
1 -If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with? Maria
2 - What do you feel right now? tired
3 - What chocolate is your favorite? many...twix, reeses buttercup
4 - Why did you create a blog account? at the time there was no myspace or facebook and i wanted an outlet to write and share my interests
5 - Who is your favorite blogger? SULLIVAN MCPIG...hoping he might read that
6 - When was the last time you cried? Why? i really don't know when or why
7 - Who is your best friend? Maria
8 - What kind of music do you listen to? rock mainly
9 - Do you have troubles sleeping at night? yes
10 - What do you prefer, jeans or shorts? never shorts!!!
11 - Did you try to change for a person? no
12 - Are you in a good or bad mood? eh ok
13 - Name someone you can’t live without MOM!
14 - Do you have a grudge against anyone? yea sorta
15 - Are you a crybaby? no
16 - When people praise you for your looks, what feature do they praise? my hair
17 - What hair color do you prefer? black
18 - If you can change anything about yourself, what is it? i would like to lose a lot of weight!
19 - Can you live without internet? it would be hard
20 - Have you ever experienced being hysterical? yes
21 - Did you have an accident last year? no
22 - What are you thinking right now? i'm thinking of someone i shouldn't be thinking of
23 - Have you been hurt so bad that you can’t find words to explain how you feel? yeah
24 - Do you have trust issues? a little
25 - Who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”? mom!
26 - Do you believe in the phrase “If it’s meant to be, it will be”? yes
27 - Do you believe in destiny? yes
28 - How do you look right now? ok...casual, jeans and a hooded shirt
29 - Did you ever feel like you’re not good enough? yes
30 - Favorite city? Paris!
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Survey 212 Meme
Is your birth year an odd or even number?: odd
Which one of your friends is the most outgoing?: maria and stina
Have you eaten any of your favorite foods today?: cereal and a bagel so yes
When did you last find yourself in an awkward situation?: a couple weeks ago at a friends party
When was the last time you ignored, or went against, someone’s advice?: hmm
What happened?: hm
How many different towns/cities have you lived in?: 3
When was the last time you had Nutella?: i still haven't tried it
Who is your favorite character in“The Big Bang Theory”?: don't watch it
What are your parents’ middle names?: wood and marie
Name someone with a sexy sounding voice.: benecio del toro
Are your eyes the same color as your sibling’s?: no
How many pets do you have? Would you like any more?: 2 yes one day
Is there a song you can’t stop listening to atm?: yes, Hunting For Witches
Is there a song that you’re fed up of hearing?: hm not really
Did you have a strange or interesting dream last night?: no but the other night i dreamt of the band the soft moon
Name 3 things that are in your refrigerator atm.: orange juice, milk, cheese
Which friend do you confide in most?: maria
What was your most recent reason for smiling? some cute video on facebook
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Five Things I have A Passion For:
art, animals, music, documentaries, socks!
Five Things I'd like to Learn Before I Die:
how to sculpt, bake a cake (yep, never has happened)
Five Things I say A Lot:
yep, are you serious?
Five Books and/or magazines I have Read Lately:
imperial bedrooms, death's summer coat, the good death, i'm very into you
Five Favorite Movies:
the fall, walk the line, dark knight, the woodmans
Five Places I would like to Travel To:
new orleans, london, california, iceland, new york
Monday, February 22, 2016
- What time is it? 12:38 pm
- Quick. What’s the first green thing you see? trees
- Do you like those Sudoku puzzles? haven't really played them
- Do you own a plaid shirt? no
- What’s your favorite kind of pie? pumpkin
- Have you read a book today? no but i should...i will after filling this out
- Do you like going to museums? yes...mainly art museums
- Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? Or your nation's capital? no
- Have you ever been to the state of Washington? no
- Do you like apple juice? yes
- How cold is it outside? it's february...a little cold
- Have you ever taken a course in Chemistry? in high school
- Do you like to draw? yes!
- What do you put on your french fries? ketchup
- Do you like everything to match? sure
- Do you like mustard? yes
- Would you ever work at a movie theater? sure
- Do you have a phone charger in your car? no
- Have you ever slept through an alarm? probably
- Do you like pineapple on pizza? not really
- Do you like to hold hands? yea
- Do you want a tattoo? maybe
- When is the last time you ordered from a catalog? a while ago
- Do you know anyone who has a collection of old records? no
- What’s the name of the gas station you last stopped at? kroger
- What was the first song you heard today? i don't think i heard any!
- Have you ever gotten a magazine subscription as a gift? no
- What was the last video you watched on YouTube? the soft moon or crystal castles
- Have you ever sacrificed something for someone you love? no
- Have you ever had your picture in the newspaper? no
Friday, February 12, 2016
Carry A Tune Meme
What’s something people always assume about you that isn’t true? that i like very dark morbid things
On a scale of 1-10, how much do elevators scare you?not much...maybe a 2
When you’re upset, do you vent to people or do you keep to yourself? usuall i keep to myself
Have you ever watched a meteor shower? no
Do you tend to put things off until the last minute? sometimes
How do you react to random strangers suddenly trying to make conversation with you? i don't like it
Do you have a lucky number? 13 and 6
Would you go out to dinner with Oprah? sure
Did you ever play sports? no
Do you feel guilty if you throw food away? sometimes
Do you think you could make it as a baker? nope
Are you one of those people who are wearing scarves with everything? no but i do like scarves
Have you ever been in a castle? yes
When you were little, did you ever play with Playdoh? yes
Would you rather write a mystery or love story? mystery
Tell me about your worst fashion mistake: hmm...i wore this silver dress in high school, material was odd
Do you hate it when people smoke around you? yes
How are you wearing your hair right now? down and with a headband
When’s the last time you were sick? several days ago...cold is going away now
Would you rather have OJ or milk with your breakfast? OJ!
What were you doing thirty minutes ago? looking on the computer and reading
Do you own any school related clothing articles? hmm what
Would you rather call people or have them call you? either way is good
Can you carry a tune? no
Who was the last person who unexpectedly texted you? becca
Who do you text the most? ? mariandra