Friday, November 13, 2009

Poems by Alice Walker

  • Every time

you

die

you

live

differently.

  • The end
is coming
yesterday
it was
here
too.
  • Those
who remember
have
been touched
by us.
  • The dead
do not
have
long
to wait
for birth.
  • We do not
know
anything
think
of that.
  • Virginia
was
right
to be
insane.
  • Fearless
lie down
beside me
I cannot
bite emptiness.
  • Why not
choose?
  • Do not
cling
to being
lost.
  • Who taught us
to ask
for
that
which
makes
us
weep?
  • You will
long
for
me
and
I am
inside.
  • Take a
risk-
grow old.
  • When we die
the
ocean
of
Life
closes
over
us.
  • We are
protected
by
nothing
but
our
thoughts.
  • Believe in
no God
that
does not
believe
in you.
  • Do not
repeat
everything
you've
learned.
  • I am not
so
easily
killed
as
you
thought:
So firmly
am I
a part
of
you.
  • We must
dream
our
way
out
of this.
  • These poems were some of many out of a book called A Poem Traveled Down My Arm by Alice Walker. I really enjoyed this book of poetry. Check it out sometime if you can.
  • Enjoy your weekend~

1 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

Very beautiful! Have a good weekend too :-)