Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Marina Abramovic: Seven Easy Pieces

      

Over the last several months I've discovered Marina Abramovic and her performance art work.  I love her and am very intrigued & inspired by performance art now.  I bought her DVD The Artist is Present and loved it.  And I knew that there was another DVD of hers kicking around somewhere.  It was this one, Seven Easy Pieces.  Could not find it anywhere to buy (or was very overpriced)...so I was able to find it on YouTube.  Yay, happiness!  This is Marina performing seven pieces of performance art originally done by other performance artists and one piece is her own.  I believe that one is called Lips of Thomas and is probably the longest piece of the seven.  And is very difficult to watch...like most her work.  But nevertheless I still enjoy it and take something away from it as well.

0 Curious people had this to say...: