Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Stealing: Looking-Glass Interview, sorta....:)

Hi friends. I decided to participate in this week's Sunday Stealing. I really liked this one for a couple of reasons. 1-This may be the only time I'm "interviewed" about my blog so why not take advantage of that. 2-I think people who read my blog are actually curious to what my answers are. I say this because I was curious about the answers my fellow bloggers gave too. So I encourage you to take a lil' time to answer these really good questions about you & your blog. Why not give yourself some well deserved credit??! And today marks my 250th post on here so it seemed right. I hope you play along too! ^_^


1. How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean?
My blog, Through Eve's Looking-Glass, was inspired by the books/films Alice in Wonderland & also Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There. What it means is that I try to get people to see my world a bit...through this blog aka: through my looking-glass (mirror).

2. What are your general goals for blogging?
To share topics that I find interesting, get people curious, to express myself, and to involve people as much as possible. I really do try to think of how others can relate and not just make it all about me-me-ME!

3. Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous?
Yes, most people in my 'real life' know that I blog but those people either don't read it/comment and that's perfectly fine because I tell them these things anyways. :) So yes, it's largely anonymous, and I like that because I feel like I have more freedom.

How often do you post (x per week)?
Well, at the moment I have 3 different blogs so I couldn't tell you exactly. In the beginning (for this blog), I was posting A LOT daily but I think I toned it down a bit and I'm glad I did. I didn't realize I was burning myself out.

4. How often do you read other blogs (x per week)?
I try to read all of the blogs I follow daily. Exceptions are if I'm gone from the house for the whole day....or part of the day (work, etc...) and then I usually catch up when I get back.

5. How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?)
I typically like blogs that focus on a certain topic (have a theme). But if the material/writer is interesting or I can relate to him/her I'll probably follow their blog regardless of a theme.

6. Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all?
Hm...haven't thought about that. I wouldn't like to delete it ALL! Do you know how much blood, sweat, and tears went into this?!! I'm waiting for that big ol' book offer...ha ha.

7. What are the things you like best about blogging?
Expressing myself, sharing, being name-dropped by other blogs (ha ha), and meeting new friends/fellow cool blog writers.

8. What are the things you don’t like about blogging?
Hm.....honestly, when I write a post that means a lot to me & no one comments. :( Makes me feel like "Did I say/do something wrong?" Of course all my posts mean something to me but the ones I put that extra 'something' into are the ones I'm referring to.

9. How do you handle comments?
I LOVE comments. Makes me feel like someone truly cares about what I say, & it makes blogging more special to me. As far as good/bad comments go, I'm lucky and most my comments are good/supportive. When the comments are a lil' weird, I usually try to understand their intention...or I just brush it off. I moderate my comments right now because I want to make sure I read each & every one of 'em. I try to respond to all the ones if they give me support/an idea/point of view/etc... I'm lucky right now & don't have a billion followers so it's pretty easy to handle.

10. Do you have any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette?
Yes, I hate to say these things but I want to say my opinion. PLEASE don't post one big paragraph. My eyes take one glance & I'm like "I don't wanna read that!" because I feel like your eyes need a break & I can't remember where I left off sometimes. AND please use www.dictionary.com if you're unsure of spelling/meaning because things can get confusing. Oh & if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all of course. ^_^

11. Any desired blog features?
Hm.......(confused by this question) Um, I like to do polls to see what kind of readers I have...

12. Have you suffered blog addiction?
I'm still suffering from it...after 4 months of blogging...but I think I'm getting a bit better day by day!

Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Feel free to stop back and visit other player’s posts. Have a great week. See you next Sunday!

6 Curious people had this to say...:

Kimber said...

Great title! Have a nice Sunday. :)

Mr. Macabre said...

Stole this idea, loved your answers!
http://mistermacabre.blogspot.com/2009/04/sunday-stealing-interview-with-mr.html

Diane said...

paragraphs!! omg do i ever so love paragraphs!!

when the question about blog etiquette came up i really couldnt think of anything. but now after reading everyone's i'm like 'yea!!!' haha

Sullivan McPig said...

Great questions and answers!

Bleeding Heart said...

What do you mean *Book Offer?* Are you writing something?

Great post and wonderful answers.

Lisa G said...

I totally agree with #10, that drives me crazy too :)