Saturday, May 9, 2009

Aren't I Mysteriously Cool?...& Magic Wands

Why the bandana, Eve? Well, the lady at the merch table for last night's concert had one on...and I asked Mike "Does she have that on for the swine flu?" He's like no, it's because of the smoke. That's actually a really good idea because I HATE smoke at concerts. Honestly, wish it wasn't allowed. My eyes were very watery last night, UGH...and they even had the doors open. Plus if I wore these out, people wouldn't think it was too odd because of swine flu (is it dwindling down now though...cuz I don't keep track of that stuff?). AND I have several of these & I never had much use for 'em. Plus I hate being photographed...so yay, it'll works out! (Well, ok, it looks weird & prob won't ever wear 'em out...maybe at Halloween time though!) ^_^

Now to the real story below...


The Kills
were great in concert last night. I will probably give a fuller review a bit later, though I wasn't close enough to get any pictures-it was VERY packed. BUT in the meantime, here's the 1st band that opened for them called Magic Wands. They surprised me by being really REALLY good. I know it's bad to look at a band/artist & say "Hm, I don't know if this is gonna be any good," because looks can be deceiving. I say this because the 2 members (who both sang & played guitar) had on 80's looking sunglasses and the girl singer had her blonde hair up in a BIG ponytail. And they had BIG tiger (plush) faces on the stage.

So when they started playing the song below, I was like "Wow, this is pretty good." I bought their 4-song EP for at the concert for $6 because I really enjoyed 'em. Hope you like the song. And check 'em out HERE. Lemme know what ya think too.

3 Curious people had this to say...:

Dracenea said...

Cool scarf and catchy tune!

The last concert I went to had a lot of smoke but it wasn't from cigarettes. Naughty people. : )

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Thanks for sharing the Magic Wands. Really like that song.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

i like how they kissed on stage, was a great show