Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme


Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?

My student loan bill...because it never seems to be going down much.

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?

Hm...probably The Olive Garden. The whole area we were in was empty, it was pretty nice.

3. How many colleges did you attend?

Just two.

4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?

Um...because it said "Pick me, Pick me...or else!"

5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?

I don't typically use an alarm, I feel pretty fortunate about that.

6. Last thought before going to sleep last night?

Please let this headache be gone by morning...and it was...for the most part.

7. What do you miss about being a child?

Where to begin...so many things...I used to be much more brave when I was a kid I think.

8. What errand/chore do you despise?

Can I pick more than one? Main one, cleaning the bathroom. Second one, washing dishes.

9. Have you found real love yet?

It seems pretty real.

10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?

Something way cheaper than at another store...but I do try not to Wal-Mart much. Target is my true-love-store!

11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?

Yeah in some ways. I really don't see it happening in my future just because I don't think it's a MUST for me to be happy or satisfied.

12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Both the Ryan's-Ryan Gosling and Ryan Buell (from Paranormal State). :)

13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?

No, and Thank God that I've never had to use one before.

14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?

One of Mark Ryden's art shows...since they always seem to be happening there. AND, the Pacific Ocean, never seen it before.

15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?

Definitely a new career.

16. Do you have a “go to” person?

My mom. She 'gets' me better than anyone else and always knows exactly what to say.

17. Are you where you want to be in life?

No, but I'm finally working on changing that.

18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most?

I've been standing up for myself more...and I'm getting much better to speaking to people be it friends, family, or strangers.

19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?

Hmm, I don't know. High school wasn't terrible. I think since I moved into this house with my boyfriend & my dog have definitely been some of the best years so far.

20. Are there times you still feel like a kid?

Heck yes...every day. I have more toys than any kid probably has! :) Not to mention I do act like a kid most the time. :P

21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?

Coffeeshops. My friends and I just loved 'em...we were definitely coffeeshop junkies. People always knew that's where we were at-I think that qualifies us as junkies!??

22. Who do you think impacted your life the most?

My mom. She is the kindest and most giving person I know. She would do anything for a loved one in a heart beat. I am always in awe of what she does for people. I hope to be half the woman she is when I grow up. ;}

23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?

Hm....not really. I had some great teachers but none that really stood out to me.

24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?

NO! Oooo, I hope that doesn't happen soon since I turned 30 recently! Ha ha....

25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?

Realizing that my parents aren't going to be there for everything that goes wrong in my life. Learning how to be independent without their help.

26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?

LIVE together first! Don't get married fast (meaning: if you've known the person less than a year)! Keep your own banking account...atleast one for yourself.

27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?

Ask questions! Don't hold anything in! If you don't ask, especially on the first day, you'll be kicking yourself.

28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?

I would've saved a good amount of the money I got from loans and grants. I really don't know where that extra money went...didn't keep track of it well. Very upset at how I handled that.

29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?

That's a hard one...I honestly don't know.

Participate in Sunday Stealing HERE.

6 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen Bee said...

Great advice for those who'll be having their first day on a new job. Mine is published, hope you'd be able to drop by. Happy Sunday

Lisa G said...

Enjoyed your answers! Have a happy Sunday :)

Dracenea said...

Your answer to #4 was funny.

Your answer to #26 goes along with my train of thought. Great minds think alike! ha ha

Eve Noir said...

Dracenea- Yes, great minds do!!!

Anonymous said...

REally liked your answers. No. 20 was excellent and you like me for 22 had the same answer...great minds :)

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Thank you for sharing. I love learning more about fellow bloggers! You are all so interesting.

I enjoyed hearing about your relationship with your mom. Very sweet.

Cheers!