Sunday, May 17, 2009

1st Etsy Purchase & it's an Alice print

Good morning friends. What the heck am I doing up at 6:30 AM on a Sunday? Think I'm going to try to go back to bed after this post.

Well, do you see that lovely picture above with Alice (in Wonderland) laying on a couch with (author of Alice books) Lewis Carroll behind her? Well, I purchased it off Etsy...and a BIG yay for my first Etsy purchase. It's an 8 x 10 print. I've ordered a couple prints before from this great artist named Jasmine Becket-Griffith (remember my other Alice print and a goth one with a pretty girl on a couch?).

So I just HAD to get this, and off Etsy, because it was not available on
her website, kinda strange. And kinda sucky because on her website shipping is FREE...which is awesome...you can order any amount of prints & they'll ship 'em all to you for free. Great, right?!?

Well, I also wanted to buy it off Etsy because on there she said she'd personalize it (and I don't recall that being an option through her site)...front or back. Well, of course I don't want the print to have writing ON the front (unless I got one that was a bit darker at the bottom or something in the future) so I asked her to personalize it on the back "To Eve." So I am extremely excited to be getting this soon. I've never had an artist personalize anything to me before so I can't help but to have this excitement.

I enjoy all of her art work...my current checks even have her Gothlings on 'em. I also told her how much I enjoy her art and especially the Alice paintings. So I wonder if she'll say anything about that when she personalizes my print. Guess I'll have to wait & see. Oh no for the waiting game but it's o.k....anticipation is good sometimes.

3 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

Very pretty!

Dracenea said...

How very cool!

I didn't know she didn't charge shipping on her site. Now I'll definitely have to order something!

Eve Noir said...

Dracenea- Yeah it's really worth it! And for only $13.99 a print, it's a great deal. Let me know what you order of course!