Friday, May 1, 2009

Sushi and Jenny's Gift

My good friend Jennylee and I went out for sushi the other night. Believe it or not, that was my first time trying it. It was pretty good. Jenny suggested the Philedelphia Roll so I got that. It was pretty good. She got something called Godzilla (sushi)...that was pretty big...well it was called Godzilla. :) She let me have a piece and it was good but the sauce was very hot so I wiped that off. I don't like spicy stuff.

We mainly went out because she was finally done with my birthday gift. As some of you know, art can be complicated to make sometimes. (Oh, this was our first art trade too. I gave her a piece of my art for her b-day & she was giving me something that she made). So she was having some issues with the piece over the past several weeks...
but finally, I got my gift Wednesday night.

And she was right-
I LOVE it!...
and Yes, it's so ME, Jenny!...


Here it is...DREAM. It's on cardboard but it looks like it's black paint on wood (that's a secret of hers). The rest is plaster (& paint?...correct me if I'm wrong Jenny) and a cool picture of...ALICE. It's gothic/dark Alice though, but that's cool...I love many styles of Alice, as many of you know. And GOTHIC/DARK Alice is one of my faves!

Here's a detail shot of the picture. Alice is in a pool of blood...she's surrounded by Wonderland things including the Mad Hatter's hat and a teapot pouring tea into a cup on a unbirthday present. I really like this picture she chose.

This is a detail shot of the left side where the word DREAM is at...at the very top. Jenny said there are little people & other kinds of images hidden in the plaster. I'm not too good at finding the lil' details so she might have to point a few out to me again.

As we were leaving the restaurant, we picked up some necklaces at the door. Well, they were free! But since it was so dark in there, I couldn't see what color(s) I was getting. I wanted blue...and I got it but it's only half of one necklace. For some reason different colors are strung together with some of the necklaces, but that's kinda cool actually.

All in all, I enjoyed eating sushi for the first time, spending some time with Jenny, and getting my VERY cool gift, which I love. She also got me a nice Joker shirt with his quote being "Why so serious?" That was a nice surprise. Now I have 4 Joker shirts...and that's my 1st with that great line. She also got me some Peeps...they are bright pink!
Thanks so much for everything Jenny. ;}

3 Curious people had this to say...:

Dracenea said...

What an awesome gift! I thought she was going to do a Forkism thing for ya' but this was wayyy cool and was perfect for you, I think.

Diane said...

that piece is just fabulous! lucky you!

sounds like you had a great time! no thank you on the sushi for me...

Sullivan McPig said...

That is such a beautiful piece of art! And sushi is really tasty I think.
One little question: what are Peeps? Because now I have this weird vision of you getting small pink people from Jenny.