Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sticky & Sweet Art Show @ 323 East Gallery


Several weeks back I went to an art show at 323 East Gallery in Royal Oak.
It was called the STICKY & SWEET show featuring works by Audrey Pongracz and Kill Taupe. I enjoy both artists work but honestly really really enjoy Audrey's work quite a lot. And was hoping to get to chat with her for a second. And yay, luckily I was able to. Mainly because I got there pretty early...for once, believe it or not!

She was SUPER cool and she let me take pics of her pieces on the walls and some of her, as you will see below. Recently, she was named BEST LOCAL ARTIST by local Detroit magazine, REAL DETROIT, which is a BIG DEAL if you ask me.

We chatted about many things and found out we had many similar interests in the art/artists we like-yay Ryden & Tara McPherson! As well as our BIG love for music and...skeleton keys! Yes, skeletons keys rule. She even had one around her neck on a necklace that I thought was pretty sweet! (She even told me a good place to find 'em-how cool!)

Had a really great time, despite the HUMIDITY-was terrible that day...and 323 didn't have any air. So that's why you won't see any pics of me...was sweating like a PIG. Ugh, gross...but anyways...if you'd like to check out Audrey's work, please click here. And for her BLOG, please click here.

Enjoy the pics and have a good Sunday friends!!!

Audrey posing in front of one of her great pieces at the show.

Any ART SHOW with candy & cookies is my type of place!!!

You wanna drink, any drink, it was there!!!
I had a Strawberry Daciquiri (spelling!?...)
{can you tell I really don't drink this kinda stuff}...
but was honestly SOOOO SWEEEEEET,
that I had to put in tons of ICE to un-sweeten it a bit.


What a SWEET tattoo of Audrey's!
Heck yes, for 1979...
hm I know someone else born & copyrighted this year...
do you know who it is???

Audrey's work...


Kill Taupe's work...



Unsure of this artist's name...
but really liked his/her work...
like the one below...
which I wanted to purchase but didn't have THAT much $$ on me...
it was $100, which isn't bad...
maybe it'll be there when I go back in the future....
it's....

my fave ALICE character...
THE CHESHIRE CAT!!!
And just look at how awesome & happy he looks!!!

Kill Taupe again...
HIS work is quite awesome too!!!

E is for EVE...but of course!!!



I overheard Audrey say this was her FAVE piece of the Sticky & Sweet pieces...
so I got a shot...
it's called MATINEE...
very very awesome!

Had a really great time & it was so nice to finally meet you, Audrey!
Hope to see you at other shows soon! You are a really cool & sweet lady!


(Oh and don't forget peeps to click on the image to see it FULL SIZE...
and you really want to do that (for your benefit)...
on these pics...
since they are much bigger & sweeter...
in PERSON, than these tiny thumbnail pics!!!)


Take care my friends~


3 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

wow! Such a great artist! Love love love her work!

permanentcloud said...

i really dig all of this work, particularly the cheshire cat. and cookies?! awesome! :)

Eve Noir said...

Yeah she IS great! I hope she reads this post...I told her I was doing one when I went to the show. (Fingers crossed) Think she'd like my lil' post.

Yes, CINDY...I HEART that kitty cat lots! The cookies/treats were awesome...Audrey even made the cupcakes-isn't that sweeeet!?!
~XoX