Monday, August 17, 2009

I will be ordering this art print soon

I think it's really beautiful. I am starting to collect this artist's prints. I have 2 of her Alice ones and one gothic print also...so this one will make #4. The artist is one of my favorites, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, and the name of this piece is "Pet Trilobite." Mike said he thinks trilobites look creepy and although I think so (a bit) too...I still think this is a wonderful piece of art. There's just 'something' about it...ever feel that way about something/someone?

When Jasmine (she's one of my FaceBook friends, yay!) posted this picture, I commented on it...and she was sweet enough to respond pretty quickly to my compliment. I told her I will probably get this ASAP because it's so lovely. So I took a look in her shop, which can be found HERE, and I just am waiting for my bank to put more funds in my PayPal account. And it's a great size too-8 x 16. Slightly bigger than her past prints and a lil' pricier but I'm sure worth it.

8 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

it is a very nice print! I cant wait to send you your little present...you are going to looove it...or so I hope! I want to keep it soo much...but I wont! I looked at you alice prints they are great! I like her style a lot!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Queen of Clearance. I can't wait to see what you're sending either!

Take care~

Demented Wench said...

Oooh, I used to have some trilobite fossils. That print looks really cool, I like it!

Irish Chick Soup said...

It's very beautiful. You've posted some of her Alice stuff on here, no? The figure style looks very familiar.

RodeEgel said...

Very cool pic! Super artist. The trilobite makes me think of the aliens Giger invented. And yes, that's creepy!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks everyone. Yes, Irish I have posted her work before...I own 2 of her ALICE prints.

I've always liked the combination of something cute & something creepy. ;)

Anonymous said...

i like a lot if her art. maybe someday i will purchase some, i already have a list LOL. this one is great though.
roxy

Sullivan McPig said...

Very beautiful print! I still like her liquorice fairy the best I must confess..