Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When VNV Nation came to Oakland Mall

A really sweet girl (that I met in the VNV Nation line at Hot Topic at Oakland Mall) sent me the photos she took from the event. I took some but hers were much better (can you say IPHONE!??)...and I didn't get any of myself w/the band on my camera phone so here they are. Enjoy!

So this is where I was waiting for a bit before meeting the band. I also chatted with this guy and his son above. His name is Derek and his son's name is Donovan. They were pretty cool. The girl I chatted with is named Carron. She didn't send any pics of her......and made me wonder if the shots I took (cuz I took the ones w/her) turned out. Think they did though and she just wanted to send Derek and I the ones with us. She was a really nice girl...
...and we (Carron, Derek, and I) made a deal that we were going to see VNV Nation next time they tour. Meet up there or what have you. Kinda funny that we were all there to meet 'em but weren't able to make it to the concert that night.


Moi with the band...Hello, I'm Eve...bla bla bla...


Wearing my Joy Division shirt...Ronan said he liked it-cool!




Trying to put all my signings/autographs together (they signed everything in my hand-including an autograph for my overseas blogging friend Carien...sorry Carien, it's misplaced right now...that is until I go into that dreaded art room to clean/organize...but I KNOW it's in there!)...








I remember that I did take this photo of Ronan. I was getting ready to take Carron's picture with the band so I did a test shot. Poor Ronan...he wasn't feeling well...and I turned the camera in his direction (trying to get a good angle) while he was blowing his nose...I didn't take a pic though-this pic was right after I think. He was funny and said "No, don't take my pic like this!" (when blowing his nose that is)...
All in all, it was really nice to meet VNV Nation and even better, to meet some fellow VNV Nation fans. Thanks again Carron for the pics!


7 Curious people had this to say...:

Irish Chick Soup said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. It's always nice to meet someone whose work you like or respect. Kudos. :)

Irish Chick Soup said...

Oh. And of course, as well as meeting people who share that same feeling. That's great, too.

cindy said...

very cool! :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Very cool pics! And Carien totally understands about misplacing things, so don't worry. She hope she didn't forgot to tell you how sweet she thinks it is that you took the trouble!

Sullivan

Eve Noir said...

thanks irish & cindy.

sullivan- it was no trouble at all. it was a lot of fun...and they were happy to sign anything, so it was cool!

xox~eve

The Queen of Clearance said...

great pics! Looks like you had fun! I still havent sent out your gift...im horrible. But i am doing a swap and the swap has to go in the mail aug 30th so I will for sure sending it with that...I just hate our post office...please forgive me! you'll probably hate it anyways :)

Eve Noir said...

i'm sure i won't hate it queen...it's always the thought that counts. you don't have to update me anymore...i can handle the waiting. :) just send it when you get the chance. i don't like my po either...always so so so busy!

take care~