Friday, September 18, 2009

Experimenting With Light *Pic Heavy*

Hi friends. How are you? I'm fine. So tomorrow is the BIG day...the day we're actually going to MicroCenter to build our new desktop. Wooohooo-been waiting for this day for a while, so hopefully our roomie will stick to his word. No more crappy mouse or how crappy this computer works with Blogger-yay! Very excited about that. So I was going to do a post on some lovely gifts I got lately-mainly from the Queen of Clearance and my friend from work, Karen, but I opted to save that because I was experimenting with my camera last night. Sorry guys...I will post those at a later time.

So the pictures you will see below are a 'photo shoot' I did with my camera before bed (and yes, I did not leave my bed while taking these pictures, ha ha). I was messing around with the night time and twilight light settings. And these pictures are in order of the way I took them too. Of course I can NEVER just pick a few, so all 16 I think, are here. So hope you enjoy my experiment with light! And hopefully we'll be getting our computer tomorrow....(Hope for me!)

Enjoy your weekend everyone~

The first picture I took that made me want to mess around with the night time option.


That's the 'night light' above my bed. A Chococat rice paper lamp...I don't keep it on at bedtime. Just a bit before.


Yes, that's me...arm over face...



Bibi...

Bibi and me...

Chickie (Easter) Domo...he's on my light with the Valentine (Pink...Girl) Domo too...

Now for the twilight option....I didn't really care for it much...worked good on the above pic though...I had a few others but deleted 'em...the rest are all with the night time setting...




My plush Kuromi...

My BIG Gloomy Bear plush. He lays on my stereo cuz the way he was made doesn't let him sit up very well....


Small Gloomy Bear plush...hanging from my shelf...which is above my bed...



What you will see below are my two favorite pictures...taken by simply hitting the button, then moving the camera away in a very fast motion...everything runs together then...





I love taking pictures...and I especially like manipulating the camera...especially by not doing too much...just by a quick jolt of the camera...or moving it fast or slow or upside down or all around...;)
Oh and I'm back to moderating comments. Just a lil' FYI.
Thanks for looking at my light experiment~
^_^

9 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

Easter Domo was very happy to see his siblings!
And the pictures are very beautiful i think

permanentcloud said...

i love that pic of the domos! :D

Ken said...

Holy cow! Those are the scariest slippers I have ever seen! You better call in the Ghostbusters!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks everyone!

@ Ken: Those aren't slippers, they are DOMOs (plush toys). They like to hang out with friends & LOVE TV (that's what I'm told). :) BTW: Thanks for becoming a follower. Maybe some of the other Droogs will make their way over too!

~XoX to all~

Demented Wench said...

I don't think my camera has a night time or twilight settings so I can't take cool looking pictures like you.

However, I like this idea of not leaving the bed to take pictures...ok, that sounded really wrong...

The Queen of Clearance said...

I love messing around with the lighting when I take pictures. Some of these turned out really awesome! Good job!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Wench & Queen.

@ Wench: Ha ha. Yeah, I wanted to title this post something like that actually-"Pictures in Bed." But yeah, sounds naughty! You should try it in your bed. Ok, that did sound wrong! ;)

Other possible titles were: Not moving my lazy ass off the bed pics. Or late night pics in Eve's bedroom. Yeah. But it truly was an innocent thing. Just me and my Bibi hanging out.
^_^

Anonymous said...

liking the pics :) my fav. is your last pipc of choco lamp. crossing fingers that you doget your comp today!!
roxy

RodeEgel said...

Wooow! Very nice pics!!! I love the way you took them. Great colours and lighting. Cool!