Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lipstick Girl

Hi friends. This weekend I worked on the above doll. She has those typical "baby doll" eyes where they close when you lay her down...move her, you know what I mean. So after I drenched her with paint (literally from head to toe) her eyes closed...so I opened 'em up. And miraculously they stayed because she has some strong will. Ha ha. I really thought they would shut because the paint was very heavy/thick...especially her face. So the above pic is pre-dried doll. Sounds weird, right?

Full shot of her...still drying.



And YAY cuz this is her after drying. As you can tell, I liked the colors I used for SLUDGE DUCK (as they are some of my faves-black, blue, and white)...but with a hint of HOT PINK. So I named her LIPSTICK GIRL. I used no gloss sealer after she dried. And I still think she looks good. So I guess I don't need SHINY-ness on everything afterall.


And her back...



And I'm temporarily hanging her from some SHINY rope in my art room. She's near my art desk.


I really enjoyed making her. I like the idea of just dripping paint on to something now. It's easy, fun, and a learning experience with colors for me. ;)

And please make sure to check out my GIVEAWAY in the post below. Definitely need some more ideas and suggestions=your chances to win win win! Thank you to those participating thus far. Enjoy your Sunday.~

8 Curious people had this to say...:

RodeEgel said...

Great doll-work! It is enjoyably scary. Looks cool with those painte eyes.

Anonymous said...

You know me, I think dolls are creepy. lol

cindy said...

yeah, dolls definitely creep me out too :)

Eve Noir said...

dolls ARE creepy. but i still love them just the same...

Anonymous said...

my daughter said "look halloween" and being an hk person i thought hmm what is that in the pic back there?
roxy

tracy said...

Very. Cool.

Eve Noir said...

Thanks!!!

Roxy: that's a pencil case I bought from Linsey's store from HKJ. I think I got the last one...I got it quite a while ago. It was a MUST HAVE. I just love the way HK looks...it was for the new millenium...think that's what it was all about. :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Very cool! Great job once more!