Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Post Apocalyptic Motor City show @ 323

I went to an art show over the weekend at 323 Gallery in Royal Oak. I didn't take any pictures because it was really packed...and I just wasn't in the mood to take 'em honestly. So what you see is pics I've borrowed from 323's FaceBook page of the show-Post Apocalyptic Motor City. As I was browsing the pics last night, I saw that my friend April and I were in several-very cool! And I posted a couple below...you can see us alright...I didn't even see 'em take the pics. Because if I did, I'm sure I would've tried dodging 'em. :) Ok, on with the show...

The picture above is the outside of the gallery. Yes, it normally is that color but the party store signs and such they added for this particular show.


And this picture shows basically the whole gallery...and me too...(I'm on the left, in black pointing...with crazy headband-I know!...and it's kinda funny there's another lady in the distance pointing too...looks interesting & cool) and April, who is right next to me...not facing the camera. Don't I look like I know what I'm talking about...critiquing the art & all?, ha ha....


Another view of the gallery (from the back to the front door entrance)...and yup, me again with my backpack/purse in black. OK, that's all the pics of me...now on to the rest of the show...


Getting more & more packed...don't see April or me...we could've left by this time...



Some of the very cool art on the wall. And below are some of my favorite pieces on the walls...




...Here's just a general view of the front of the gallery...where all the jewelry & knick knack artsy things are...More pieces I like from the show are below...




All in all, had a really nice time. Got REALLY packed by the end of the night (around 10-ish)...lots of people were outside, but it is a small gallery. If you'd like to check out 323's website and the artists shown here, as well all the other cool artists, please click HERE.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures and enjoy your day.~

4 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

looks like fuN! Its too funny that you are in some of the pics! If I knew there was a camera there I would have hidden too! lol.

Sullivan McPig said...

Very cool to see you in the pics, you indeed look like you know what you're talking about. And looks like a very interesting art show.

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Queen!

And thanks Sullivan. It was fun...and yeah, I probably have no idea what I'm saying but thanks. Ha ha...;)

permanentcloud said...

wow, looks really cramped in there!

cool art though! :)