Friday, October 9, 2009

Scary Teddy rough sketch

No I didn't sketch the one below. I WISH! That one I simply found off Photobucket. That's the best picture I could find of him. Isn't his smile contagious? LOL. ;)







My friend is going to be putting together a CULT FILM art show soon. And it will be going on sometime in December. I would like to be a part of it but I was torn to what I wanted to make...and what movie to choose. So I thought about it and although I love my mixed media work (and think I'm better at those than strictly at painting)...I'm going to try painting something.


If you don't know by now, I love to paint BIG. I'm not good at little details so the bigger the better for me. :) So guess what I chose? Nightmare of course! I know a lot of people will probably be doing Nightmare but I chose a character that isn't a BIG character but still a character that I love and think is cute...and possibly not so difficult to paint. And some of his merch is out there...and I have some so I think he's pretty important.


He's only known as Scary Teddy...but I always think of him as a bat because he flys around with his little cape. So I got a 20 x 20 piece of canvas and decided to sketch this morning. And I never sketch...not because I'm lazy but because 1-I'm not good at drawing and 2-Painting is something that I personally feel doesn't need to be sketched out (I'm better at just "going for it" I suppose). So what you see above is just rough sketches on Scary Teddy. Things could change but overall I just want his face...and his cute & creepy BIG grin to be the dominant part of the piece.

I hope you all are doing well, as I know many of you aren't feeling well (and that includes me too, ugh). I might be going to an art show tomorrow. Unsure at the moment...but it is a group from Ohio who do mixed-media (self-taught) pieces {Hey, that's me!}. So I would love to see others mixed media works because I don't see too much of it at shows I've been to lately. OK, take care & chat with you later.~

6 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

I think scary teddy is a great idea! I also think that it looks great! Cant wait to see it painted!

Irish Chick Soup said...

Sounds like an interesting plan. Once again, I wish they had more of that kind of stuff around here.

Eve Noir said...

Thanks girls!

Yeah, things are starting to pick up more with art around here lately IRISH. Trust me, there wasn't this much cool stuff around a few years back.

XoX~

tracy said...

Gotta love Scary Teddy!!!!!

Sullivan McPig said...

Can't wait to see it finished, looks very promising

Anonymous said...

nice choice! we like the movie A LOT too :)
roxy