Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm going to be adding something...

creepy pic mike took of bibi with his phone


...to my ETSY store soon. Can you guess what it may be? Well, it's something I worked on recently. It's....LIPSTICK GIRL. Since I'm going to be in the DAMNED show in a few weeks I figured I'd try adding a few more things. You know, just in case some people like my stuff and I can direct them to my shop.

AND I know some of you don't like the dolls...or are just a bit scared of 'em but I enjoy making...breaking...altering them. :) I bought some porcelain ones today (thinking I'd make 'em similar to Lipstick) but now I'm unsure. I was hoping to find plastic ones (like LG) but no luck. I think I like those better (have made 2 others in the past) because their eyes open and close and I have this feeling porcelain is going to be a bit odd to work with. Plastic is easy and dries super fast and very cool...sounds weird. But yeah, it dries cool!

She is going to be a bit higher in price though. I know it sounds bad but when I really get attached to any of my art pieces, I tend to have the price a bit higher. Yes, it's bad...but I can't help it. She will be somewhere between forty to fifty dollars. I mean I think she's beautiful and maybe I can't part with her yet...IDK. So I ask myself, why am I even going to try selling her? Oh well, we shall see. Take care~

6 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

I hope you know that when i'm saying your dolls are creepy that's a compliment. I love them and I like creepy art.

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting can't wait to see what you come up with.
roxy

Eve Noir said...

Sullivan- Yes, I know that's what you mean, thank you so much! :) I think they are creepy too...but I would like to think I'm making them PRETTY in a weird kinda way.

Roxy- You mean with the porcelain? Yeah, I don't know if I'm even going to mess with 'em now. (UGH!) Actually they are very pretty dolls...and probably antiques. Maybe I just started something else to collect-oooohh no! Think I might just stick with the plastic ones for now.

XoX~EVE

Irish Chick Soup said...

It doesn't matter if other people like what you're doing. Art is much more personal than that so I'm glad that you look at it that way. I know I haven't always been so good about that myself.

The Queen of Clearance said...

I havent been to your shop in while, I will have to check them out! I am still so proud of you for getting you art in the art show!

EVE said...

Thanks Irish & Queen.

Queen, I've only added one more thing recently. But I hope to add a few more before the show. Hopefully I'll get to do some type of Halloween stuff...as I have a lot of materials like scrapbook paper and boxes (tombstones that open).

^_^