Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cellar Door (for cult film art show)


I made this (Cellar Door) for an upcoming art show which is all about cult films. This piece was inspired from one of my fave films, Donnie Darko. I still have to put hinges on the door but other than that, it's finished. Sooo, what does "Cellar Door" mean? Well, I guess it's anyone's guess...and this is my interpretation of it. Hope you dig it! Take care.~




On the back of the cellar door...




What you see when you open Cellar Door. Yesssss....it's a collage of Frank & Donnie. And many of you know I love collages so it wasn't a hard decision to make. Plus some of my fave quotes from the film too!







Yes, the back is bigger than the front but it's ok. I want to put the door kinda in the middle of the back (aka: the collage). I'll post a pic of the finished piece when the time comes. :)

4 Curious people had this to say...:

Anonymous said...

wow,it's awesome!!
roxy

Sullivan McPig said...

Very beautiful! Great job once more!

EVE said...

Thanks Roxy & Sullivan! :)

The Queen of Clearance said...

I saw this on facebook! Love it!