Monday, February 8, 2010

You Don't Own Me

OK, so I won't ALWAYS be posting about art. I know you guys are ok with that. ;) Well, I posted this live video on my FaceBook the other day and JEEZ, I got CHILLS. Lesley Gore was (well IS, she's still alive) awesome. I think I have one of her Best Of CD's but darn, I can't find it...yeah, art room is still a mess....and lots of art stuff is in front of most of my CD's-ergh.

As some of you know I love female singers...and from all eras...and the 60's was quite an amazing time for women, imo. If (and when) we get the band going again (yes, I sing...not very well, and Mike & roomie Tom and I just do it for fun...if you want the MySpace link, just lemme know, lol)...so yeah when we get the band rollin' I would definitely LOVE to sing (or scream or spoken word or rant) this song.

OK, here it is...think I've watched it like 15 times by now...but it's short...but awesome. Enjoy!~

3 Curious people had this to say...:

PecOsa said...

hi!
she´s got a nice voice! i also like music of the 60´s^^

Bye!

Sullivan McPig said...

Good luck with the band! If you do sing this song, remember to make a recording ;-)

Demented Wench said...

I like your picture in your blog header. :)