Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shangri-Las


It amazes me that this very young & petite girl has SUCH an amazing voice. Wow. Been listening to the Shangri-Las and Lesley Gore lately. I've learned lots about both of 'em over the past several days too. For example: I didn't know the Shangri-Las were not the typical kind of girl group, especially for being around in the 1960's. They had quite the "bad girl" image & sound...singing about darker topics, including death, quite often. Oh and that the Shangri-Las consisted of TWO sets of sisters, one set being identical twins.

Again, would love to sing one of their songs when the BLG (my band, the Bloody Little Girls) gets back to making music. And just watching this video inspires me in so many ways. Hope you enjoy it!~

3 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

I love 'Leader of the Pack'
I actually have a cd full of crappy lovesongs just because that one was on it too.

Demented Wench said...

Now I have a mental image of you singing 'Leader of the Pack' because of Sullivan. ;)

Eve Noir said...

Sullivan- You made a good choice!

Wench- Haha. Maybe one day I'll actually do it. But if you REALLY want to hear me sing (spoken word/rant) here's my lil' bands' MySpace LINK (which is also my #1 friend on my page)...
myspace.com/bloodylittlegirls

^_^