Friday, May 7, 2010

Art Finds at the Salvation Army

Hey all! I know it's been a while since I've done a regular Blog post, so what better topic to talk about than art...and it being at a thrift store??? ;) The picture above is of the 5 pieces of art I got for only 5.25 (.99 cents each).

I feel in love with the frames (made out of plastic-wow!) and the artwork is pretty nice too.

Very pretty landscapes...but the artist didn't sign any of them...hm. That's kinda sad. Oh & there were still around 5-7 more of this artist's pieces left at the Salvation Army after I picked the ones I wanted. I thought I'd buy these for the frames...but hm, I might keep one or two (in their frames) because I think they are really pretty to look at.








I'm telling you the frames did not look plastic but they are. I like that this piece above has some texture. I think I prefer the silver frames over the gold...but the silver ones had flowers in 'em and I preferred the landscapes.



Oh yeah and THIS one. OK, I know I paint some creepy stuff but I just want to know WHY do people paint clowns?...maybe for children's rooms?...or just because they are colorful & amusing? (But to me-they are very creepy!) I felt like I HAD to get this one because I saw a "clown playing a violin" painting before & always regretted not getting it. So if she says it's creepy, why does she want it you might wonder? Because...because...it's so bizarre. :P

Enjoy your weekend!~

5 Curious people had this to say...:

Demented Wench said...

Those frames are nice.

As for clowns...they're creepy.

I can see some practical reasons for having creepy clown pictures though. They'd be great artwork to hang in a guest bedroom.

Sullivan McPig said...

Clowns are Creepy and Evil! Anyone painting clowns for a kid's room is therefor also evil! Poor kid will be traumatised for life.
Nice bargain btw!

Eve Noir said...

Funny that you two feel the same way about the clowns. Now I don't feel so alone! LOL.

XoX~

Lesa said...

Add me to the list for clowns=creepy. And thanks so much for becoming a friend! I'll be reading more about you soon,in a minute in fact...

Eve Noir said...

Hi Lesa! Beanie told me about you actually. Nice to meet you! And thanks for being a follower here. :)