Saturday, September 4, 2010

My People's Arts Festival blog post, FINALLY!






Hey friends. I'm so sorry but I'm not going to do a PAF picture Blog. :( Instead please check out the link provided HERE to see a great shot of my art doll "Mother Nature" as well as other pictures from the festival. They are REALLY great shots of the event. Oh & please look several pictures after "Mother Nature" to see a nice shot of my table (my Munnys are shown, Gus Van Valentine, as well as some of my paintings).

I will say a bit about the festival though. Let's see...I'll say the not-so-good stuff first, not that it was terrible....So, my first festival was a lot of fun but also a lot of work. Work like setting up & taking down lots of stuff over the two days, then figuring out pricing, trying to avoid the humidity & heat on the second day (ahhhh!), trying to have the booth look enticing enough to get people to stop by, and just trying to make a buck or two in the process.

Awesome things about the People's Arts Festival:

  • getting a lot of nice feedback from the public-I heard many "I like your style" comments...but usually those people didn't buy anything and that's understandable considering there were 130 artist booths. >.<
  • my booth was in an awesome location and I had the coolest booth-neighbors. And I made a lot of new artist friends...which leads to the next awesome thing...
  • ART TRADES! Yup, I did 5 art trades. It was fun to swap one of my pieces for another artist's work that I really appreciated...as well as having an artist compliment & appreciate my art too.
  • having VISITORS. My mom & dad came down to the festival as well as my friend Karen and her husband. Also my friends Dollie & Matthew had a booth several down from mine & we visited one another throughout the two days.
  • lastly, I did sell some stuff and I felt very happy & proud of that. This is what I remember selling. ;) A nice gentleman purchased "Mother Nature" on the last night...I sold my Munny Mac Bateman...actually did pretty decently selling (and sometimes just giving away) my art cards (ATC/ACEO)...my first sale was of an Alice piece titled "Looking-Glass" (with broken CD's, aka: mirror, and images from the book hot-glued on to sky blue painted canvas)...selling the first "sand & feathers series" painting 'White Circle'-a woman really appreciated it which made me happy since I made those 8 paintings specifically for the PAF...and the most surprisingly moment came when a woman purchased one of my older paintings (from 2001...yea not 2010, 2001!)-that was a pretty cool feeling.
  • So I think it was very successful despite not making much money overall. One of the coolest things was to see people's reactions UP CLOSE & PERSONAL to my art. {Found it funny that some people thought I specialized in children's toys...nope, but maybe one day, lol.} I remember what one person had to say about "Mother Nature" (whom I thought was the star of my booth, haha)...she said "It's freaky but there's just something cool about it." Yup, great times, great people...I will be there for sure next summer. ^_^
Ciao for now friends! Oh & P.S. ART GIVEAWAY coming soon.

8 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

Oh, it looks awesome! Good to hear you had such a great time and that people were so appreciative (sp?) of your art.

Beanie Mouse said...

Y'know, art trades are FAB!! That's one of the things I like about mail art.... in essence you mail something of yours and then receive back something of theirs! Well done, you!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks friends! (Yes you spelled that right Sullivan.) ^_^

Eve Noir said...

Oh and THANK YOU for becoming a follower Beanie/found-art. :)

Demented Wench said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. You know, about you specializing in children's toys...zombie dolls would be cool. ;)

Eve Noir said...

@ Wench: Hmmm.....????....;)

tanders said...

Your booth looks great Eve, glad to hear you had a good time, it takes a lot of work and a lot of inventory for festivals

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Tricia. Yeah you're right!
^_^