Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Want Some Gold?

my No Face painting


how No Face looks in Spirited Away


Hello there. I recently finished a painting inspired by a character from the anime film Spirited Away. He, his name is No Face, is my favorite character in the film. But then again I have this thing for masks. ;)

So I was just drawing & sketching on paper for several days prior to painting him. I was just going to do his mask...not his cape or anything more. But Mike suggested I do the cape/cloak and a smaller face. Well I chose to do the cape but I didn't want to do a small face...not very good with small (technical) things like that.

So I painted the background light & dark purple, then painted the cape, and put the white for his mask after that. After I did the little details on his mask (which weren't drawn-mainly so MY own style would come out)...I started to think it needed something more. I thought about adding his hand...and then thought OH I HAVE GOLD PAINT! (Lightbulb over head moment!) So I did my own take on the scene where No Face asked Sen if she wanted some gold. I think it worked out. :)

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy your week~

5 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

I think it turned out really cool!

tracy said...

Hi! i have missed you! Congrats on the art fair, looked great! So did you! :)

Eve Noir said...

@ Sullivan: Thank you!

@ Tracy: HI YOU! I've missed you too. Awww, thanks. The festival was a lot of fun. Many good memories. Stop by & say HI soon again!

^_^

tanders said...

Never heard of the movie but the mask is interesting, well done Eve!

Eve Noir said...

Thank you Tricia. You should watch it, I bet you'd like it! ^_^