Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cellphone Pics: ArtSpace & My Art

This is a sheet I have on the ground in my ArtSpace downstairs (aka: the basement). I've been hard at work, can you tell? I used to put something over the sheet but now I'm like "Who Cares?" It will be its own piece of art by the time I'm done using it, right!?? ;}

Made this a while back. It was my 1st attempt at a skull. Think he turned out more like an alien. Maybe it's because I used to be into aliens...still kinda am...guess it shows.

"Work in progress." I started making this for my therapist (she has lots of art on her walls from kids & adults & she said she'd like something from me one day). Originally I didn't have those pills on 'em but said "Why Not?" Now I'm not sure what direction I want to go with it...and I'm doubting I'd give this to her at this point. Stupid me-I got the glue in the middle of the painting too...think I need a darker color to try to make it less obvious.

I have this one hanging up downstairs in my ArtSpace. I just was playing around with those stencils you use for garage sales/stuff like that. Working with acrylic & those was VERY messy. Don't know if I want to try it again. I think spray paint would be a much better choice. But I'd definitely be doing that outside.

I made these collages "to be inspired by" when I work in my ArtSpace. The artists I chose include: Mark Ryden, Tara McPherson, Camille Rose Garcia, and Kathie Olivas. They are probably my 4 fave artists of the moment.
Here's their links: Mark, Tara, Camille, and Kathie.

7 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

I think the skull is cool. reminds me a bit of Manny Calivera from Grim Fandango (the computergame)

Boyd said...

that alien skull reminds me of the Indiana Jones movie from this summer...was that when you did it?

Eve Noir said...

@ Sullivan: I don't know what that is. Maybe I'll have to look it up.

@ Boyd: Hm, I don't remember. I was just trying to make a skull & it turned out looking like a cross between a skull & an alien!

Diane said...

you should submit your skull to skull-a-day!

http://skulladay.blogspot.com/

Luna said...

I think the skull is awesome LOL and I love aliens ! So eve better!

Heidi R. said...

Wow!! i love the skull and the collages!! Actually they all rock in some way or another. Very cool. I also like that your therapist has art from alot of her patients.. I bet there are some very interesting things in her office :)

RodeEgel said...

I like the skull. It may look like a 'grey-one' somehow, but it defenitely makes me think of a Mexican skull (Calavera).
And that was also what Sullivan was referring to. 'Manny Calavera' from the game Grim Fandango. Here you can find a pic: http://dojohnny.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/grim-fandango2.jpg

And I really am interested in the pics you used for your collage. They look familiar. I might have seen them in a magazine with US illustrators. Cool!