Friday, April 10, 2009

Aloha Friday


Happy Aloha Friday to you all. It's time to relax although for some of you I'm sure it'll be a busy holiday weekend. (So try to get some "me" time for a little bit atleast!) So my question this week deals with the holidays.

My question simply is:
What is your favorite holiday(s) and why?


My answer: Mine is a tie! I love Christmas and Halloween. I celebrate each as long as possible. I love Christmas because I love giving gifts, receiving gifts, having good food with my family, spending time with my family/friends, and I love it when it snows here in Detroit (but not too much), looks so pretty. Oh & the Xmas Tree-I love having up an Xmas Tree. I think I could have it up year round! :)

As for Halloween, I'm a spooky girl so I love Halloween lots. I love seeing the little kids dressed up, they're so cute! I love looking at all the cool stuff at the stores be it candy, decorations, or costumes. And I especially love decorating at Halloween time. Just a fun & spooky holiday!

For more Aloha Friday posts please visit An Island Life.

Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone! Don't eat too much candy. ;}

11 Curious people had this to say...:

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Do birthday's count? LOL I am REALLY big on birthdays! If it doesn't I'd have to say Halloween I love getting the kids all costumed up and all the events we do for it. I also love the millions of picture shots you can get! Come on over and link up!

Eve Noir said...

Yes, Birthdays count too!

Faith - That's Just Freaking Lovely said...

I love all of the holidays! I go totally overboard with decorating and themed activities .. it's just something I enjoy doing!

Autumn said...

I think Thanksgiving is my favorite because there are so many wonderful family memories tied to it, and I know there are many more to come!

I also love Christmas as it's the birth of my Savior, but I'm not very fond of the consumerism that has overtaken the holiday!

Tara said...

Hmm. I love Christmas... because of the meaning..the giving.. and being with family. I love Thanksgiving.. for the food and a time to really reflect on our blessings.. Birthdays aren't too bad either lol

Sullivan McPig said...

Mine is a dutch holiday: Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas Eve)
It's at the 5th of december and people buy each other lots of gifts and write poems to go with the gifts. Traditional food at Sinterklaas is chocolate, marsipan and speculaas (I think it's a bit like gingerbread).

I also love christmas and halloween though

sues2u2 said...

Just all of the ones w/ my family.

janetfaye said...

I love Thanksgiving. I think because I love the meaning of sharing.

Brittany said...

I love Christmas and Easter..

Boyd said...

Any holiday that could bring about a non-family party. I like parties.

Dracenea said...

Hands down, Halloween. I've got bats, spiders, skeletons, headstones, etc. up year round so it's nice when I get to go out and see it too and Halloween is the only day you do. : )