Thursday, April 16, 2009

LIFT Toy Store & Art Gallery

This is the toy store I went to yesterday. It's called LIFT and it's in Royal Oak. And oh yeah, they had my kinda toys! Was trying to keep focused on one thing before my eyes were distracted by the next cool thing. Kinda hard! The first thing that caught my eye, I purchased actually. That tends to happen to me often.

But today's post is about going there. Tomorrow, I'll post what I got. Sorry, but it was such a cool store & experience that I HAVE to do two posts! ^_^ I didn't take the picture above, took it from their site but all the pics below I took with my camera phone.

Lots of Gloomy plushies and I wanted that Silver one but he's kinda pricey. They also had an Orange Gloomy with a black skeleton outfit on. That I might just have to get eventually.

LIFT is also an art gallery. And here's one of the sweet pieces...

And another sweet skull one...

And one that is so odd & unique that it's just plain cool!

To come tomorrow: the two items I purchased. The MAIN one being something I always wanted, thought was not being sold anymore, and ended up being there. I felt so lucky! This is definitely my new place for toys...no more ordering online (darn shipping prices & waiting days to get my stuff!). And I really love to support shops like this if I can...because they're hard to come by in the area I live in. Check out their site HERE. I don't know why it still says liftfootwear.com....guess they used to sell shoes but there's none in the store now. Just lots & lots of cool toys, art, books, etc... Til tomorrow.~

4 Curious people had this to say...:

Dracenea said...

Man am I jealous! You got all the cool stuff on your side of the state. *pouting*

Diane said...

we should totally meet up in RO one day!!!! that would be PERFECT!

RodeEgel said...

Me jealous too... Such nice stuff... Very inspiring!!! I love the pirate-skull-guy-thingie. Great! Again; lucky you!

Cynthia said...

Love the skull ... sweet day girlie!