Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Sales, Oh My!

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone.
And with that comes...
SALES!!!
And you know me, I LOVE a good sale or 2.
You might say "Eve oh Eve, you do love to spend $$$,
but...
this picture is proof to how cheap I really am.
I was at Target & just wanted a pic of me...
wearing the 'America/Uncle Sam' hat.

I didn't want to pay the $1 for it.
Yeah, I'm cheaper than you think.
Wait, that didn't sound right...;}
Anyways...here's my sales adventures.

This is a pic of MY Hot Topic, wooo hoo cuz...
Hot Topic had their half off the half off sale this weekend...
& I always hit it up then
.
Some things I couldn't pass up include:

An Alice shirt...and you know...
there's no question about whether or not to get it!

Purrrrple, is one of my colors.
And so is black...
And I love the skeleton image...
so Voila, I got this shirt.
It's a bit low cut for me...
so I'll be tank topping it under.

One of the best deals EVER.
Skelly animals totes for 4.99!!!
Isn't that sweet?
And I LOVE the bat skelly animal.
I know it's Skeleanimal, right?...
just like callin' em that.

The only thing at Hot Topic that I paid full price for.
A very creepy & cool Day of the Dead patch.
Now where to put it...
probably on a tote bag.

And BORDERS bookstore...
was extremely awesome for the holiday weekend too.
They had great sales on their clearance books...
aka: bargain books.

And they were buy one get one free...
and they were ALREADY very inexpensive.
I paid a total of $10.60 for all the books/CD's below.

I mean look at the cover...
it was a must-have.
Yeah yeah yeah,
don't judge a book by its cover but...
c'mon, Frankenstein & Cake...
how can you go wrong?!?
^_^

I got French Milk because it's a girl & her mother's 6 week travels to France. It looks really interesting because it's documented ALL in photos the girl took (she wrote/documented the experience)...and cool illustrations of things they did. Why is it called French Milk? The girl, Lucy, fell in love with France's milk while she visited there. I guess it's pretty yummy.

Kittenwar Postcards are cute...and are mainly for my cat-loving-friends (and YOU know who you are). Be expecting some from me in the mail or in person soon.

Carrie (in the right corner) is of course the Stephen King book...
but on CD's (7 of 'em, unabridged).
Yikes, I can't imagine how many hours that is but I'm sure it'll be awesome.
And to top it off it's read by Sissy Spacek.
How cool is that?
I read Carrie but a long time ago...
and I remember it being quite good.
So when I saw this book on CD's I thought hmmm....

Let me break it down cuz I think it's pretty sweet.
It normal retail price was 39.99...
& it was on sale for 5.99...
but since they were BOGO free...
it was only 3.00 + tax.
Major SCORE!!!
AKA: Score of the week...or maybe the whole month!
I hope it don't scare me too much though.
I can be a scaredy cat sometimes.


SOOO, all in all a great sales weekend.
And it isn't over...but I'm not going back out...
Well, a BIG maybe on Michaels (craft store) on Monday.

Some people often say...
I have some type of 'skill' with my shopping...
or that I'm a shopaholic (cough cough, Diane)...;}
But I don't see it either way.
I don't scope out stores for days & days....
waiting to see what'll get marked down.
Or planning/calculating things...that'd be a lot of work!
And I don't spend my entire day in the mall...
or at TARGET (my fave store as you know).
And ugh, you already know how I feel about shopping for...
dressy clothes/shirts other than t-shirts/pants/shoes shopping and grocery shopping,

but if not, I'll refresh your memory...
I hate it!

I mean a girl's got to eat, sleep, & blog...
at some time!

^_^

I just keep my eye out for certain sales...
from time to time...
especially the clearance sales.
Those are the BEST.
And I get some good selection sometimes...
and sometimes I don't.
Typically my local Hot Topic is kinda sucky...
for their 1/2 off sales, but I really lucked out this time around.
And BORDERS was kinda luck too.
I hadn't been there in a while...
and low & behold I found this great sale,
that actually had some good stuff.


So this was my BIG clearance splurge of the month.
And everything will be put to good use,
and that's all that matters, right?!!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.
I'm off to Meijer in a sec for...
BIG SALES!
Just kidding...
I gotta grocery shop.
It shouldn't be busy cuz it's late.

I prefer going later...

not a lot of long lines & usually not a million peeps down the aisles.
I'm quite the power shopper at the grocery store cuz I just wanna get the heck out of there asap. Unless I get sidetracked by something curious.
And yes you are right Diane, Meijer does have a BIG ol' selection of wines/beer/etc....
but Meijer is SO huge so no wonder, right??!


OK, adios for now amigos!~

5 Curious people had this to say...:

Diane said...

they are gonna put "shopped til she dropped" on your tombstone! lol

you got a lot of great deals. i get super stoked when i get something for a great price.

i had to go to meijer myself today and grocery shop. one of my most un-favorite things to do.

i try to go at off-times too if i can. today i had to go when i had the time. it sucked.

but i did get a pineapple and it is sooooo good!

Eve Noir said...

Diane- ^_^ You're funny!

Thanks, yeah I just love these great deals during all the holidays. But you'll never catch me @ 4 in the morning on the day after Thanksgiving. Worked enough of those days in retail to know it's ugly ugly ugly!!!

Yeah, I power-shopped it tonight with one exception. I took a better (not rushed) look at all the wines/liquor & oh my, I took a bunch of pics. Could've been there all night! But I got out in a decent amount of time.

YUMMMM for fruit. My faves are bananas and watermelon. I'm hoping my mom will have one tomorrow at the bbq.

Enjoy the extended weekend!

Sullivan McPig said...

You managed to get some pretty cool deals there. And I think we would have bought the 'Frankenstein takes cake' book too. The title alone is more then enough!

Dracenea said...

Great deals!!

I wore my skelanimal necklace today along with my vamp shirt. It says "I'm your biggest fang" with a pic of Dracula. hee hee

I went to Michael's today cuz' I had a 40% off coupon but when I went to check out, I couldn't use it because I had books and the coupon can't be used for those. Grr! There was a nice girl behind me in line though who was talking to me about the books I was buying so I ended up giving her the coupon. I have another coupon to be used tomorrow for 20% off everything so I'll be back again!

Have fun at Meijer! I hate that store. Bleh. ha ha

cindy said...

great deals! I noticed kittenwar in there...nice find ;)