Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Show at C-Pop: Part 3 of 3


By Detroit artist, Tom Thewes.
This piece was used for fliers for the first...
Detroit Electronic Music Festival (DEMF)
,
which was the best one they ever had!

I love this artist for several reasons...
the main one because he uses different mediums.
I think this painting is on metal,
but you wouldn't even know it just by glancing...

...and this is a detail pic of it at the bottom...
these go all around the edges-
Very cool!

Mike.
We were in the basement.
It was nice & cool down there...
(not HOT like the rest of the gallery).
Sorry you can't see the girl's head too well.
I think she had dark hair...
I know that much!

Brute...
aka: Aidan Hughes,
a British artist.
He has made almost every single album cover for...
KMFDM.

Isn't this beautiful?
I think it was the most expensive piece of art at the show...
$36,000.00!!! Yikes.
I'm sure it took the artist a lot of...
blood, sweat, and tears to make this but God...
I could do a lot with $36,000 dollars if I had it right now. :}

This lady was saying Good-bye to us when we left.
See the things on the wall?...

C-Pop
has won several "best" awards over the years.
One was for 'best place to buy affordable art.'
Hm, that skull piece must not apply...
cuz I don't know about you but...
40,000 dollars isn't affordable to me!

Me by the infamous door,
that really isn't a way in or out.
It's in front of C-Pop.
How curious...

Farewell C-Pop
,
sorry you had to go.
If you'd like to see their MySpace,
(which has TONS of ART),
please click HERE.

Hm, I wonder if the door will still remain...

3 Curious people had this to say...:

Sullivan McPig said...

The skull artwork is very beautiful, but that price is ridiculous!

Boyd said...

That top painting is totally sweet, especially the circuit boards around the edges. That skull one is sweet, too.

Bleeding Heart said...

That Skull is so cooL!