Sunday, May 10, 2009

Musical Monday: Shine On


Happy start of a new week as well as Happy Musical Monday to you all. My pick this week is one of my favorite songs by one of my fave bands, Apoptygma Berzerk. It's a cover (called "Shine On") but I'm not sure who does the original. For some curious reason I tend to like a lot of Apoptygma's cover songs including their covers for: Fade To Black by Metallica, Trash by London Suede...and Cambodia by...again, not sure who does the original. Please play Musical Monday by visiting Diane and Jori. Hope you enjoy "Shine On."~

11 Curious people had this to say...:

Diane said...

the band that originally did this song is called House of Love. it's an 80s song.

i KNOW you will like it, i think even better than the cover. give it a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzKGQJ-DpI

:)

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Diane. I'll have to take a listen!

Dracenea said...

I didn't know they did a Metallica cover. I popped on over to YouTube and took a listen. Gotta' say that I like the Metallica version better. Of course I probably wouldn't like anyone else's version better. I heart Metallica. : )

Anonymous said...

That was good. Never heard them. Well worth the listen :)

Lapa37 said...

I don't even remember this song from the 80's must have been the year I was into hard rock.

Amy said...

I was going to say it had an 80's sound to it, and then I saw what Diane said. Good call, great song :)

Amy said...

Love the pictures above of the dog. Have a great Monday.

said...

Thanks for introducing me to something I haven't heard before. Good stuff.

Unknown said...

Never heard the song. I like it! TFS

jori-o said...

Cool song!

Mimi said...

House of Love did it originally. Loved that version.