Thursday, May 21, 2009

Suggestions please...& a gift for you


Lookie, it's me...
after my momma dyed my hair.
Turned out ok...
just need my sis to cut my hair next.

I took this pic to use for my new profile pic on 723 (my online gallery).
Cuz I'm a girl with a glue gun, & I'm not afraid to use it!
Check out my gallery here.

Hi friends. Lately, I've been considering selling my art through Etsy. I'm not sure if it's gonna happen or not, but I think it all starts with this....a NAME. No, not my name, Eve,....the name of my Etsy shop. I've posted some pics (of a variety of my art below) to give you an idea to what kinda stuff I create. With almost everything-from a band to an author's alias to an artist, I think you NEED a name first and then things start to fall in place a lot easier.

Hm...these are just my suggestions off the top of my head...please note that: these ALL don't have to be incorporated into my Etsy shop's name...they're just things bouncing around my brain at 2 am in the morning.

  • Something with Eve...or Eve Noir in the title
  • Alice In Wonderland stuff, cuz of my love for it...names/quotes from the books/films

  • Gothic stuff, 'cuz of course I'm a bit darker...this includes names/feelings

  • Even what YOU see when you look at my pieces below-if it's one word or a paragraph....I can try to figure out a name based off that too...SOOOooooo, give a girl a helping hand and know that I appreciate anything you may tell me...I mean it, anything! (Also know that I'm a painter/mixed media artist/and make collages.)

  • Thank you so very much in advance my curious friends. (Usually I don't have much of a hard time picking a name for stuff....but since Etsy is a business & I could possibly be doing it for a while, I need to really REALLY think about it.)
Oh and lastly, the person(s) with the suggestion/name that I like the MOST for my possible shop will get a small gift from me. This/these gift(s) will be announced/up (for you to pick from) once I decide on a name for the shop. And even if I don't 'open shop,' I'll still send you something for your hard thinking & work! :)

ONE Last Last Thing: I'm very curious to others views on having an Etsy shop...what they get out of it...are they getting their name/art around...if they feel they are compensated well...etc...Soooo if you have an Etsy shop and would like to give me some suggestions/advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. You can either leave a message here or on my gothiclolita@innocent.com address. Thanks again and can't wait to hear some of your ideas!~


Through the Looking-Glass (version 1)

Untitled: For Jenny

Skull-Alien

Red Pills

Untamed Vanity (detail)

Untitled: For Juno

12 Curious people had this to say...:

Diane said...

i'm thinking and i'll get back to you. i have to think about these things! something like this is very important!

as for etsy. i'm happy with it in the sense that it's easy to use and super cheap!

just remember that it's up to you to promote your shop. i've been using my blog (of course), myspace and occasionally twitter to get the word out.

but yes, i think you should totally GO FOR IT!

now... back to the thinking...!!

Eve Noir said...

Diane- Thanks. Sure take your time. Let me know either here on email me on my Yahooooo! ;}

Diane said...

Looking Glass Gallery

not sure if i like it. still thinking...

Diane said...

The Curiosity Shoppe

Eve Noir said...

Diane- Thanks for your hard thinking! I'm liking the Curiosity Shoppe.

Hm....that might work. :)

But, Looking-Glass Gallery isn't that bad either...hm...decisions decisions! >_<

Dracenea said...

Cool hair color!

I hate to do this to you but I can't help with the Etsy shop naming. I feel that the whole naming process is a very personal thing.

I've been struggling with a naming issue myself. I need to create a name for a crafting business that is totally me but doesn't offend the "normals" out there either. I'm making business cards for the craft shows I'll be doing and I need to come up with something soon. I know it'll come to me eventually.

Good luck with your Etsy shop naming process!

Eve Noir said...

Dracenea- Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with by saying that naming your business is a personal thing. But I like to just hear what others see that maybe I don't see...ya know?

I did have a truly original idea yesterday for the shop. Simply...no simply isn't part of it, being: Eve's Wonderland. I think it's pretty straight forward & hopefully can suggest that my art is my wonderland.

Hm...but I still do like to hear others ideas too...it makes me....curious! You know it was coming.

Good luck with naming yours as well. Let me know what you decide!
~XoX

Dracenea said...

I will say this:

I do like Eve's Wonderland. :)

I'll let you know what name I end up using.

Eve Noir said...

Dracenea- Thank you! ^_^

Can't wait to hear what name you come up with. Lemme know some of the ones you're thinking about, if you'd like...

cindy said...

i really like Looking-Glass Gallery too...nice!

Good luck with the whole etsy thing! While I don't have a shop, I regularly browse and it's always fun! :)

Dracenea said...

I've got a couple names I'm tossing around right now. I still need to find out what speaks to me and seems to fit like a glove, ya' know?

Eve Noir said...

Dracenea- If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to hear some. Yeah, I think I know the one now that seems to (almost) be fitting perfectly like a glove. :)