Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hello & welcome to my MAD TEA PARTY!!!

Hello there!
And welcome to my MAD TEA PARTY.
I'll be your host for the next few moments.
My name is EVE...very nice to meet you...
but first you must...

...Sooo....
Did you drink it?
OK, good.

Now, we can start the picture part
aka: picture party...
and then I'll do some Tim Burton Alice ramblings & more...
at the bottom.

First up.....

{FYI: I wrote more about this 'stuff' at the bottom of ALL these pics.}
But I'd like ya to know that....
these great stampers were purchased off a really cool website...
that caters to ALL of your ALICE needs.
It's called GOREY DETAILS.
I put their website link all the wayyyy at the bottom.
So you just MUST read on now...
I'm bad, I know! ;}

I just opened my own ETSY art shop last week called...
LOOKING GLASS GALLERY.
And I wanted these stampers,
so when people purchase something from my site,
I can give 'em some nice stampings!
I really LOVE 'em!
Some lovely postcards that I purchased from Gorey Details.

One of my collages I made with some ALICE images.
It is called THE BIRTHDAY GIRL...
AND...
is for sale on my ETSY page.

This is another half-Alice collage that I recently made.
It's called...
Curious Poe & Curiouser Alice.

The inside of a small wood box I painted/etc...
Also on my ETSY page.

Next up...

One of the original illustrations for Lewis Carroll's book.
I love these illustrations very much.
I use 'em often in my ART...
but I do alter 'em...
so 'technically' I'm not stealing.
I think these illustrations are wonderful!!!

A nice painting I found on ETSY (sorry can't recall her name at the moment).
All the MAIN characters are here...
Alice...Mad Hatter...White Rabbit...and Queen of Hearts.
I am most like ALICE and the White Rabbit.
WHO R U most like?...
even if it's not one of the characters above.
Just being curious as usual....;}

How about another TEA PARTY pic!??

Emily the Strange having her own MAD TEA PARTY.

The first picture of WONDERLAND...
from Tim Burton's upcoming film.
STUNNING is all I can say.

And this young lady, MIA,
will be the new face of ALICE...
by Tim Burton.
She's very pretty...

...And I HEART her dress lots!!!
I mean skirt...well, forget it,
I love everything she's wearing...
right down to her awesome lil' boots!

I like this cute lil' dollie of ALICE.
Would love to get her but very pricey!
Alice stuff can sometimes be very pricey-OUCH!

Oh and I'm definitely a bit like the Cheshire Cat.
but aren't we all?
I mean "I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here!"
^_^

PIPOS makes these adorable Alice figures.
This is one of the Cheshire Cat.
I just adore him!

Artist Jasmine Beckett-Griffith made this painting of Alice & Lewis Carroll.
I HEART it very much and own a print of it.
Her ALICE prints (well, all her prints) are very reasonably priced.
Check out her site HERE.

This was the first Jasmine print I purchased.
It's called CLOCKWORK ALICE...
And I love it!!!
I can't help but to want all of her ALICE prints now.

Soooooo, that's the end of the picture part or picture party...
next for some words from me to YOU...

First I would like to say I'm very excited about participating in this, as I love EVERYTHING Alice in Wonderland (hence the name of my blog & I chat about Alice-related things from time to time too). I really love this idea of "party hopping"...& I hope to be a part of more to come! I think it will be great to hop around to other blogs to see their tea parties & what they'll chat about.

Sooo...I don't know about YOU, but I am super super EXCITED about the new Alice film. As I said, I HEART almost everything Alice-related and Tim Burton happens to be my favorite director of all-time...so this film will be like a DREAM COME TRUE to me. (Have you seen any pics yet? I posted some in a fairly recent post...and they look AWESOME! I am beyond excited! Everyone looks so great & Wonderland looks beautiful!)

So I would like to chat about 2 things that you may be interested in. One you may already know about but I'll throw it out there anyways. And that is, if you're ever looking for really nice (as well as unique) Alice In Wonderland merch you should definitely check out Gorey Details. They have a HUGE selection and most of it (the Alice stuff mainly) I have NEVER seen in any store. Their ALICE section can be found HERE. I've given them business a couple times now. I have to admit they are a bit slow with shipping because they carry SO much. But good things come to those who wait, right!??!

The second {and last} thing I would like to share is (ahem, shameless self promotion but hey you guys are ALICE fans right!??)...I JUST opened my very own ETSY shop called Looking Glass Gallery. I don't have many items up right now but hm, 3 out of the 6 art pieces are ALICE-related. Alice is one of my 'specialities' but I do other types of art as well. So if you're ever curious, please take a look at my gallery...which can be found HERE.

Thank you very much for stopping by my MAD TEA PARTY. I hope you enjoyed your time here. If you leave me a comment, I will do my very best-est to 'hop' over to your party too! Have lots of fun celebrating this wonderfully MAD day!

To participate in this MAD TEA PARTY or to simply check it out, please visit HERE to see what's happening! Thank you so much A Fanciful Twist for creating such a great idea! Hope you'll be doing it again next year!~

26 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

yay for tea parties! Ive never been big into alice in wonderland, but I had to read it this year in my childrens lit. class and I found a love for it.

Chrisy said...

Oooh hope you're braving that weather okay...Thanks for letting me stop on by at your party!...Please come on over for a visit to my mad tea party for fun, games and giveaways!

permanentcloud said...

A very happy unbirthday to you! :)

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

love your blog...and alice...i am having my tea by the sea...with flowers in my hair...come join me...hugs, rebecca/cre8tiva

Vanessa said...

Happy Tea Partying!

fawndear said...

Hope your Mad weather subsides soon.
Thank you for the extra link goodies - how tasty.

Hope you have a storm free and enchanted weekend.

Pretty Things said...

Interesting! Isn't this fun!

I hope you'll stop by my Tea Party and see what I'm decking out all the party-goers in!

Maggi said...

I hope the weather clears up for you! I had a fabulous time at your party, the tea was delicious and I cannot wait for Burton's Alice!

You're madly invited to my tea party, I do so hope you can drop by! (If you haven't already! lol :)

cindy said...

Hey Eve!

Love the stampers...very cool. And a lovely post altogether!

:)

Anonymous said...

I love tea parties! and a very happy unbirthday to you!

Chickenbells said...

What a lovely party indeed...your images are so wonderful! Thank you for a great party...

Chrisy said...

Some lovely pics here...thanks for sharing them....please come on over and visit my party...if you haven't crept quietly in yet...

A Fanciful Life said...

I enjoyed seeing all your "Alice" goodies! How wonderful to have such a passion for this. Don't you just love a tea party?!
Sharon (garden fairy for a day)

Brooke said...

We def. have the Alice "obsession" in common..and the Tim Burton love bug. Ha. I am def. going to check out that website and your etsy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting me fall into your Tea~party! It was nice and I enjoyed the treats very much! Those stamps are really neat! I love rubberstamps! :)

Sullivan McPig said...

How could ihave missed your tea party yesterday! Looks very wonderful!

Staci said...

Thank you for letting me join you at your party. Loved all the photos and I must have some Alice stamps.
:)

Dee said...

Hello Eve,
Such lovely finds you have there, and such a wonderful party. Thanks for having me.

You’re invited to please visit stop by and visit my party where we’re having a tea of a time!!

Unknown said...

Just browsing your mad tea party offerings. Thank you so much for being a perfect hostess.

Sending fairy wishes for a .•*˙˙*•.magical.•*˙˙*•. day!

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
The Artful Paper Doll

Renee said...

Congratulations on your etsy shop I know you will do well.

Renee xoxo

BunnyKissd said...

*gigglesmadly* My word verification here is "proonces" those must be princes who have been in the tub too long... ^o^ ROTFL!

But seriously! Thanks for stopping by on party day; we finally got the pictures up if you want to stop back! Looks like you had a lovely time here too!

Theresa said...

Happy Mad Tea Party. I enjoyed my visit and your blog. Good luck with your new etsy shop.
~Theresa

Kat said...

I'm not too crazy about vinyl toys but let me tell you, that PIPOS Cheshire cat is absolutely amazing. I'm with you on that OUCH bit, Alice themed dolls (especially BJD, double OUCH!) are too expensive, I just end up making my own.

Rhonda Roo said...

Goodness gracious this was great! Congratulations on your new Etsy shop! did fates align or what? I love all of the paintings you posted, and your Jasmine piece is awesome. I am swooning over the new movie, I have to rmeind myself not to build it up too much...love your stamps, and i will check out your shop pronto!
Sorry I was late-apparently there are lots of peeps who dig Wonderland (including me, though I am Wonderland south on my post!)
Nice to meet you!
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the images. hose postcards are great. And the clockwork Alice.

Yeah, I'm also excited of the upcoming movie. The screen shots are just awesome and I mean a-w-e-s-o-m-e! :-)

Jen said...

It is so curious that these Mad Tea Parties are still going strong! I've yet to clean mine up, so please feel free to follow me back down the rabbit hole to Haute Whimsy before life goes back to simply mundane!