Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big ALICE IN WONDERLAND (by Burton) Update w/PICS!

Alice in what looks to be the flower garden...look closer....
you can see creepy faces on the flowers...
LOVE this pic and the beautiful gate.

It's the WHITE RABBIT...and he's...
LATE LATE LATE!!!

ALICE will be played by a 19 year old (not very well known)...
Australian actress named...
Mia Wasikowska.
Please click on her name to find out more about her.
She DEFINITELY looks the part!
Love her dress!

Anne Hathaway as the WHITE QUEEN
(she looks really beautiful!)

Helena Bonham Carter as the RED QUEEN
(she looks freakin' AWESOME!!!)

Last but not least...
HERE's....
Johnny (Depp)
as the MAD HATTER.
(He's looks MAD MAD MAD...
and I LOVE it!)

OMG I just have to do this post & NOW, because the news is getting around fast, and I gotta stay on top of this. It is my BLOGGING DUTY! ;} And this is Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. When I was first thinking about doing a blog, I kinda wanted to do it in anticipation for his ALICE film (since I knew it was in-the-making or in-the-thought-process 6+ months back)...doing updates, etc...but this blog turned into more than that...and I'm happy with that but of course ALICE is a big focus here...and Tim Burton is my favorite director EVER so it was a match made in my heaven! ;}

So first I found out about today's ALICE news HERE. That was when I was at work. Then I found out a lil' more on USA Today's website. And then my blogging friend over at Follow The White Rabbit did a post HERE. So READ/SEE all of these posts & pics. I can't really add too much besides I saw the picture of ALICE walking through the gate & was in AWE!!! A-MAZ-ING! And Johnny looks awesome, Helena looks perfect-can't wait to hear her say "OFF WITH HER HEAD!", Anne looks so pretty all in white, and Mia looks innocent and curious as the leading lady-ALICE. It's gonna rule & you know I'll be there opening night!

3 cheers for ALICE...it's gonna be quite a sight to see!
Take care~

Taken from Wikipedia today...

Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton

An Australian actress named Mia Wasikowska was cast as Alice. The 19 year old featured in shows such as In Treatment and Defiance. The original start date was May 2008.[7] Torpoint and Plymouth will be used for filming from September 1—October 14. These will be scenes set in the Victorian era. During this time, filming will take place in Antony House in Torpoint.[8] 250 local extras were chosen in early-August.[9] [10] Other production work will reside in London.[11] The film was originally to be released in 2009, but was pushed to March 5, 2010.[12]

Johnny Depp will play the Mad Hatter, Matt Lucas, star of Little Britain, has recently been cast as both Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Helena Bonham Carter will be playing the Red Queen, Stephen Fry is to play The Cheshire Cat, Anne Hathaway has been cast as The White Queen, Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar, and Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts.

And dear Demented Wench, IDK why there's still no name for the White Rabbit! Hmm....curious!~

4 Curious people had this to say...:

Demented Wench said...

And Michael Sheen is the White Rabbit. :D

I know, no one else cares but you're going to have to put up with me.

cindy said...

EEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

I'm so excited!!

The Queen of Clearance said...

Whose alice? Mia...who?? Also I saw on perez hilton that ann hathaway is a character. They had a pic of her in character but I didn't know the character, do you know who she is playing?

Eve Noir said...

WENCH- No I care! He's cool and I'm glad he's gonna be that crazy lil' rabbit!

CINDY- I know!!! (*Jumping on a trampoline w/you)

QUEEN- Mia is an Australian actress...and I know she does ballet. YES, Ann is the WHITE QUEEN (from Through the Looking-Glass book).

Ooo, I'd like to see her in character. O MY, do I have to go to PEREZ to see this though!?? >_<