Monday, June 29, 2009

One more HOPEFULLY...oh & Musical Monday: Heart


...and THAT one is-hopefully I'll be seeing the awesome-lady-fronted group HEART tomorrow. My mom is out of town so I'm unsure whom I'm going with. But I kinda feel (with a free ticket & all) that if no one can go with me, I might go by myself. That would be the 1st concert I will have been to by myself. Hm....I don't know how I feel about that. It sucks because 1-it's a bit of a distance on the expressway...2-i hate trying to find my car after a concert (even when I'm with someone!)...3-i would rather have some company although most peeps don't really sit there & chat through a concert.

Hmm....would YOU go to a concert you really really REALLY wanted to see by your lonesome? I have contemplated it in the past too, but ended up not going...and I didn't regret it (because of a couple of the reasons I listed above & other reasons too)....BUT I REALLY want to see this band & with a free ticket, you can't beat it! Ya know?!!?

Please play along with Musical Monday HERE or HERE.

9 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

oooo I like heart! I would have to say that I would not go alone though. Im too chicken. I just got the point to where I will go to movies alone and I still hate that, and that was a biiiiig step for me. So I wouldn't but if you want to and you are brave enough, then do it! You might have fun, or you might be able to talk to the person sitting next to you!

Anonymous said...

well if you really really like heart and well you already have the tix might as well go. i have gone by myself for the first time to a concert to see my MORRISSEY and though at first i felt awkward it was 100% worth it cause i love the man!!!

roxy

cindy said...

Heart is pretty sweet :) That being said, I am a pretty socially anxious person, so if I go anywhere in a large crowd, I HAVE to have someone there I trust, like my husband or a really good friend. Otherwise, I start freaking out. lol.

If I wasn't so socially awkward, I might go by myself though. :D

robin said...

Love old-school Heart!
Happy MM! :)

Demented Wench said...

For someone who was so shy as a child that she couldn't talk to strangers...

I've been to numerous concerts by myself. The first time I went alone I felt really strange for the first few minutes. For a terminally quiet woman, I always find people to talk to so no one realizes that I came to the concert by myself.

I think you'll have a good time even if you go alone. :)

And... OMG I love Heart!!!

jori-o said...

I love the guitar that sounds like it's racing down the highway in this song. Sa-WEET!

Eve Noir said...

THANKS so much for your comments/suggestions everyone.

Not sure if I'm going still. When I get around to a 'regular' post I'll let you know...but I appreciate your thoughts/views...cuz I am socially awkward too! (To Cindy)

Anonymous said...

I have about 10 songs from Heart on my MP3 player. Love them! Such a great voice!
I wouldn't go to a concert by myself. You never know what kind of creeps might be lurking around.

Valerie said...

I love Heart. I would definitely go by myself. I've never had a problem going places by myself though. If I have ever felt funny about walking to my car I would follow close behind a group going the same way. Never had a problem.