Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Swap with Sullivan, yay!!!

Recently I did a swap with the owner of Sullivan, from The Life & Travels of Sullivan McPig blog, and it was so much fun! I love getting new & interesting things-especially from faraway lands. Ha ha...well, you know what I mean because it came alllll the wayyyyy over to Detroit from The Netherlands! And that's pretty far to me. :}

So this is what I saw when I opened up my box. Yay and a few wrapped gifts-did I ever say how much I LOVE surprises?!!? I saved those for last. Here's what surprises were in my box....OH, and the only thing I knew for sure I was getting was some buttons because Sullivan's owner's OH (other half) designed one. If you click on the pictures to enlarge 'em, he did the one that's green with a white goat design, very cool! I love everything inside. OK, finally, here's the stuff I received below...


Just LOOK at all this cool stuff! Everything from yummy black licorice (so so good, not like the typical licorice around here for sure!) to cool children illustrated cards to a CD by a Dutch band called Within Temptation, which reminds me, I have to put 'em into Mike's I-tunes. Doh!!!

Of course I loved everything she sent but these are some of my very faves. They include: a small stitched bag (that had the pins in 'em and that Carien made too-which is even better!), Cute As Hell notebook, the licorice, Hello Kitty candy spray-woo for HK, a small black figurine, and the pig game with cute lil' rubber-y pigs, awwww. I don't understand what to do in the game though (I think it was mentioned in one of Sullivan's blog posts)...since the directions aren't in English. Thanks so much Carien for the lovely gifts!

If you'd like to see my gifts to Sullivan & Carien, please click HERE. OK, it looks like a lot and...well, it is a lot but it's lots of lil' things & letters/cards/stickers/things like that about/from the USA...and Detroit things too like C-Pop's business card to stickers from one of my fave toy stores Pink Ghost. Thanks again & if you haven't seen Sullivan's blog before, you should check it out. It's a lot of fun! Take care everyone & have a good day.~

6 Curious people had this to say...:

Diane said...

you both totally scored! cool that you did a swap together!

i was gonna ask what you were doing this saturday? u.d.i. and a bunch of other punk bands are doing an afternoon-into-the-evening show at a skate park in dearborn heights. (we're actually super excited because there are going to be 3 record producers there!) anyhow... i'll be kinda hanging out and was gonna see if you and mike might want to stop in for a little bit?

let me know. u.d.i.'s myspace has the flyer with all the bands listed if you wanna check it out.

:)

cindy said...

this is so cool! i am really digging those little pigs... cute!!! :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Glad you all liked it!
The piggy game is a dice game actually. You throw the pigs and you get points for in what position they land. If it lands on its snout you get 10 points, standing is 5, on its back 3 and on its side 1 point. you count all your points and the one who has the most points wins.
You can also throw multiple tmes ofcourse and see who wins after for example 10 throws.

Cynthia said...

WOWeeeee! That is some cool stuff u gotz and from another part of the world. So good to see good friends share some swappin gift love! xo's to u both!

Eve Noir said...

SULLIVAN- That is a VERY interesting game, thanks for telling me the rules. I'll have to try it sometime!

Dracenea said...

Great gifts! That black figurine is adorable!

I've played that pig game before...long time ago!