Monday, July 6, 2009

Pirates for a day...

Two of my favorite pirates, Jack Sparrow...and Will Turner (Mr. Depp and Mr. Bloom aka: Swoon). But how's a girl to choose? ;} OK, let's talk about them some other time. ^_^

So the party is over...:(...but it was a lot of fun! :) I was designated photographer, as well as the hostess/captain of this adventure, so I'm not in most of the pics.
And I took SO many that I'm just gonna "DUMP" 'em in FLICKR...
one of these days.
(I'll let you know when I do.)

So our old roomie (Joe) and our soon-to-be roomie (Tom) were the only guys to show up (everyone was busy lil' bees tonight-but again it was very last minute. I even called a couple more peeps today & allllllll busy!).

But TRUST me when I say that's o.k.-these boys were quite a handful!
Yeah, 2 boys equals-very very naughty...3 boys-triple the naughtiness/craziness!
And I really didn't want a whole lot of peeps cuz I prefer just a small group anyways when it comes to 'get togethers/unbirthdays/parties.'
So it all worked out in the end.

OH MY...lemme tell you-I was SO tired half way through the party...we started around 6-ish and ended around 9 PM. My goodness, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I didn't even want to sing when it came time to play ROCK BAND. {VERY tired Eve.} And that was the ONE thing I wanted to do for myself too! I was ready to rock to Yeah Yeah Yeahs but being the HOSTESS/CAPTAIN of this crew was more work than I thought!

Sooo, what did we do you may wonder???
Well...I kept 'em all busy with several games. Like best picture of a pirate wins a prize-of course I was the judge!...guns-not real of course...and balloons galore. Those boys sure loved those cheap balloons. It's funny what people get a kick out of. Would've never thought! I think we all needed a PARTY...even if it was a UNBIRTHDAY party. And I think MIKE had a really good time-and that's all that matters to me. Awww, ain't I so nice?

Oh and we did the typical stuff too...
like ate pizza, drank ROOT BEER-argh!, had b-day cake, opened gifts...
you know what I mean. :)

So here's several pics.
Again, I'll let ya know when the FLICKR pics are up.

THE CAKE...

(oh & Mike goes by the name PUMPKIN sometimes...
don't ask me why exactly...he just likes it. His name in OUR band with TOM is Pumpkin Pig...so that's partially how he got it. And my name, EVE, came from the band too. Oh & Tom's name (in the band) is TinKnocker. Again, we just picked crazy names. Mine is technically EVE HAVOC...in the band. But as you know, I go by Eve Noir here as well as for my art.)

Anywhoooo....
back to the CAKE!...
well, it had the SMILEY faces already on.
Just couldn't bring myself to take 'em off.
The lady at the grocery store put on Happy B-Day...
and I added the other stuff.

THE TABLE...
(remember all these pics can be enlarged if YOU just click on 'em)
And that way you can see my nice candles & seashells in the back too!

THE BOYS...
(left to right: Mike, Tom, and Joe)

And they were obsessed with the balloons....
Forget the guns...they chose BALLOON craziness!
FYI: They aren't unhappy or mad in this pic...
they (Mike & Tom usually) just love to look as odd as possible...
in ANY picture.
See, what I gotta put up with sometimes!?!
Silly/crazy boys!

THE SIGN ON THE DOOR...
Yes, I asked for the password.
I just asked it to 'em from our window...
It wasn't a specific word...
just whatever I thought was "IT"!

THE...
BOOTY...
I mean KITTY! ;}
BUT OF COURSE I HAD TO DISPLAY MY GREAT THROW!
Kitty as a PIRATE is sweeeet.

THE LADY BEHIND IT ALL...
^_^

Actually, I feel pretty confident that I can throw together another party in the future.
Which is a good feeling...but the next event I will not be planning.
I'll just be a MAD guest rather than host then.

Even small parties/unbirthdays are a lot of work!
Didn't know that.
How do people plan BIG parties/events?
Woweeee....

I couldn't even imagine it!

OK, night everyone...
be chatting with you soon.~



9 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

sounds like you had a great time! What fun!

Eve Noir said...

Queen- Yes it was!!! :)

Thanks for reading & posting~

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a great time! Boys can be so silly! lol

Rochelle Blue said...

wow! sounds like you had a superb time! and the photos are really cute =]

xoxo

Anonymous said...

you did a great job for not knowing how to throw a party!!! love the pirate hats. yes, it is amazing what can make boys giddy LOL

roxy

Sullivan McPig said...

Looks like a great party. Balloons and candy! Ooooh.... I'm going to insist on those for my party when i actually have been blogging 6 months!
and I can understand you notwanting too many people. W usually have 3 or 4 friends coming over at parties. We used to have more people coming over, but it's just too crowded and you can't talk to most of them anyway.

Eve Noir said...

Thanks for reading and commenting EVERYONE! Much appreciated, as always.

^_^

Demented Wench said...

I love the pirate theme you did for the party. It looks like you did a really good job! And men acting goofy when a camera is pointed at them is normal man behavior as far as I can tell.

I kid you not, the word verification it's giving me is "unbellys".

Eve Noir said...

WENCH- Thank you. Yeah, you're right-it's just typical man behavior! :)

UNBELLYS...that is-loopy! That is funny...I'm glad you told me! LOL!

^_^