Thursday, July 16, 2009

Random Cell Pics: Snail Mail, Sunshine Thrifting, and the Mall

How many days can I post random pics???
Hm.....
and not have you guys say "A POST lady, a post please!"
Sorry, just feeling lazy...and this weather makes me even lazier (word???)...
it's been pretty HOT here in Detroit lately...ugh!

FIRST PIC....
I got a PO Box recently.
I even got to pick my number...cuz I'm a lil' brat like that.
No, really cuz the guy said I could so why not!??!
So I chose my two fave numbers...6 & 13.
Snail mail is always welcome.
I HEART it lots!
The address can be found to the right of this page.

My good ol' friend Jennylee and I were ALWAYS hitting this thrift store up when we were in high school. I haven't been there in a long long time...and went in just 'cuz this week. And wow, it's so BIG & AWESOME in there. (Not to mention has great selection.) I didn't look at clothes-I am really picky with clothes...seems the older I get, the pickier I get. Hmmm...
SO...
I stuck to shoes and what lies below...

OLD knick knacks of course. I just love seeing what peeps got rid of. Sometimes it's good stuff too...or odd/funny stuff. Some good vintage stuff can always be found in this area.

American Flag behind some crappy TV's...good placement, right?

If there's a looking-glass, you know I'm there!
Still in Sunshine Thrift Store...best stuff in Macomb County...
or so says the business card.

When I say this place is MASSIVE...
trust me on it, alright??!!

This area had odds & ends like photo frames (got 2 for dirt cheap)...
books...
records...
bags...
and other random stuff.
And I HEART random stuff,
so I browsed there for a bit.

NOW on to the MALL...
LOVE this sign in Coney Island restaurant.
OK, it's in the bathroom...
that's why the lighting sucks.

Awww, puppies...

His sign said he was sleepy & to come back later...but...
his adorable little face kept telling me...
"Take me home & I'll love you & BIBI can be my big sister."
I hate going in the pet store...
I don't know why I torture myself...
all those doggies in cages...
like this cutie.

Seriously, you do want to FEAR BIBI...
she is a bit loopy!!!
She barks at shadows...
at the wind...
any odd thing,
she'll be barking!
But that's my doggie and I wouldn't have it any other way!


X's & O's to you from EVE...
courtesy of Bath & Body Works...

Enjoy your Friday friends~

8 Curious people had this to say...:

The Queen of Clearance said...

great pics as always! I love snail mail too....but Im normally to lazy to drop mail at the post office....its too far away from my home. I like the last pic alot and of course I love the pics of the thrift store! My fav!

Eve Noir said...

Thanks Queen. I understand about the PO being far away. Luckily, I have 2 pretty close to me. And a couple mailboxes across the street.

And Yes, don't thrift stores rock!??!

Anonymous said...

I love going to thrift stores and flea markets. There's always cool stuff to find.

Eve Noir said...

Mejis- Yes, so true!

permanentcloud said...

great pics...puppies!!!!

Anonymous said...

i haven't been to a thrift store in ages!! my brother and i used to go together to buy tshirts all the time and books. your pics inspire me to go back and check some out :)

roxy

Eve Noir said...

Roxy- You should! I used to buy guys sweaters (cuz you know that was the cool 'alternative' look back in the mid-90s!)...and books too...and other random stuff.

I don't think I'll be going ALL the time...but it was nice to re-visit a place that I spent a lot of time at with friends. AND, I found some cool lil' things-only spent 8 bucks & ooo, I found a SILVER HELLO KITTY (small)...for .80 cents. Heck yes! That should get you to one for sure, right!??

Anonymous said...

oh its on now!! LOL my mission is to find good books and hello kitty :)

roxy