Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back from the lil' break...

Syd Barrett
(your...eyes...are...the...key...
to my heart...)


...to say Hey, Hello, What's up?, How are ya? Me, ahh, I'm back to work...nothing too exciting there really. FaceBooking more than I should. Got the paperwork done, yay! Art room...there's a path...my CD's are somewhat organized...but a lot needs to get done. I just didn't realize how much space I really need...um...want in there. I don't think it's all gonna fit so I just walk in and say "Another time." But that can't keep happening. Procrastinating me...I've been this way forever so it's actually nothing new.


So tomorrow should be fun. I don't have much planned during the day but at night I'm going to 323 Gallery in Royal Oak again (I've posted an entry or 2...or 3 from there before). I love art, as all you know by now I'm sure, and I just want to go go go to as many art shows as I can. There's actually a BIG ol' one going on Saturday & Sunday in downtown Detroit...but I can't make it...yet it's o.k. and 323 should be fun so it's all good.


Also been having a new obsession (they come and go and come and go...and sometimes stay for a while depending)...his name is Syd Barrett. I had a thing for him before...and then it went away and now it's back in full force. He was the original founder (as well as singer/guitarist/lyricist) of Pink Floyd...and he had a very sad fall from almost-fame. And he's drop dead gorgeous...to me...dark hair...dark eyes...(swoon). (Oh, and sadly he has passed on.)


Anyways, I had Pink Floyd albums before I 'found' out more about him...and I've been listening to 'em...and I got one of his solo albums today...and a biography...(haven't read a book in so long)...cuz I kinda get obsessive...but I think it's fine. I just consider it 'learn learn learning' about someone/something. Music...art...and human behavior are my 3 favorite things to learn about in life...especially when all three are combined. Then there's no stopping me...mu ha ha ha. ;)


OK, here's a Pink Floyd video that (non-Syd related though)...I think is beautiful both visually and musically. I hope you enjoy it...and I also hope you have a nice weekend. Take care.~



5 Curious people had this to say...:

Anonymous said...

I always look for information on things/ celebs that I like. It's not obsessing. Ok, maybe it is but it's fun and interesting. lol

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you. can't wait to see pictures of the gallery cause i know you will take plenty! have an awesome weekend....and pink floyd rocks :)
roxy

Sullivan McPig said...

Hi Eve! Good to see you blogging again. My owner told me to tell you she's going to answer your email soon!

The Queen of Clearance said...

I feel like you arent around much anymore...it makes me sad. Have fun at the art gallery and bring me back some random cell phone pics! I love em!

Eve Noir said...

Hi friends. It's good to be back. Can't leave here for long...keeps pulling me back. I think once we get our desktop built, I'll be blogging more frequently. I honestly just don't like navigating this laptop...especially when it comes to Blogger. FaceBook is ok...Blogger & laptop don't mix well.

I won't lie and say I do get very obsessive with people...things. I just love to learn more more & more about 'em. It gets me thinking and gives me something to look forward to in many ways.

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend~Eve