Friday, August 28, 2009

A bit of this and that (pic heavy)

This is my bedroom wall...laying on my bed...this is what I see if I look straight ahead. Those two pictures to the right were cheap dollar store pics (but I thought they were nice)...and the other is a nice frame I bought with a couple of old (OLD!) photos I bought from an antique store.


This is above my bed...my 2 shelves...and below is more old photos that I put in a nice frame. I love old photos...my speciality is women and children. Not necessarily together...actually I prefer then apart. (2 pics on the right are of children...2 pics on left are of younger women.)


MIRROR LIE (mixed media piece I made)...intention for DAMNED art show...but don't think I want to submit this one now...covered up all the mirror with glue and paint...because the mirror is broken and I um....just couldn't stop painting it red...my fault...therefore you can't see any mirror. Kinda defeats its purpose...oh well, live and learn.

BLEEDER...probably will submit this one to DAMNED II soon.



Pondering all the possibilities one can do with a paintbrush...and coffee...

Glitter on canvas...drying...drying...drying...texture is always an important part to my pieces...well, usually...

Me with a painting/mixed media piece that turned out pretty good. Made it with the intention of giving it to someone...but he won't get it now...I never told him what it would be...so he shall get something else...

How'd he get here!!!??? It's Syd Barrett...


....and that's him again....


One of the oddest things I've ever seen at a resale shop...a sad looking or serious looking clown playing a violin....didn't buy it....probably should cuz it's so odd...and for $5, that's not too bad.

A mirror on the ground...my feet in the mirror...

Me in the resale shop's mirror.....lights...in the odds and ends section....my fave section there.
A big Barbie is waiting outside to greet you...at the resale shop...

A BIG sculpture at Lakeside Mall...located in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

The piece I worked very hard on for the DAMNED show...I submitted it...just waiting til the end of the month to see if I got in...still going to submit more...I think...well, atleast I'll try...

My niece Ellie with her cat Bella.
These were for sale at Noir Leather in Royal Oak...a little while back...I bought an arm...which can be seen (a lil') in the next picture...I really wanted the BUST...and I really liked the leg too...and no TAX on body parts...ha ha....got the arm for $9 dollars...I want to display it from the ceiling in my art room....if I do it, I'll post a picture in the future....


And this is basically what people saw from the street in Royal Oak. I think a lot of people thought it was some type of ART DISPLAY...which it kinda was...people just walked past confused, stopping maybe for a moment...but I knew I wanted to get something...the arm was the cheapest and in the end, Jenny convinced me it was cooler than the leg (double the price of the arm)...and that arm was freakin' heavy....good thing I was just carrying it to my car. A big piece of metal was on the end of the arm...that's what made it so heavy...was heavier than the leg piece actually!
Enjoy your weekend friends~

7 Curious people had this to say...:

Irish Chick Soup said...

I really like the Female Baggage one. I hope you get in! The random Syd pictures gave me a laugh. :) You should do more picture *heavy* blogs.

I also love your old photographs. I would have never thought to do that.

permanentcloud said...

i really love that sad little clown!I dig weird stuff like that!

The Queen of Clearance said...

you bought an arm for $9. lol. that sounds funny. Your art looks good. Let me know if you get some accepted at the damn exhibit. That would be fun! Have you ever submitted to them before?

Eve Noir said...

Thanks ladies!

Irish- Yeah, how did Syd get in those pics...ha ha. I like doing pic heavy posts actually...but they take up lots of space (thru Blogger)...so every now & then for sure! Thanks about 'female baggage.' Here's hoping!!!

Cindy- I should go back for it!

Queen- I wanted ALL the body parts but you can't have everything...right?!! No, DAMNED only had one show previously and I didn't know they accepted submissions for free so I'm just trying out my luck. Thanks!

Take care friends~

Sullivan McPig said...

I love your art! I'm sure they accept your piece it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love the piece you submitted! I hope you got in!
The clown is creepy. All clowns are creepy to me though. lol
Love all the Hello Kitties on your shelf!
I have a lot of old family photos my mom sends me from Germany. I don't display them though. I probably should.

RodeEgel said...

I love the piece you made for the Damned show. Clowns are scary! weird picture... Interesting though.